• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rose leaves ok for bunnehs??

Yes, unless they have been sprayed by pesticide. Spenser had some sent from Blackberry & co, which he really enjoyed. Methinks I should buy a rose bush for Mother's Day and ban the use of sprays on it. ;)

the leaves themselves are safe but I wouldn't feed ones from bought cut flowers as they will usually have pesticides on.

Home grown ones- yes.

Mine love dog rose and old fashioned briar rose.
Go on guess where Teasel got to last time she made a break for freedom into the hedge.

Yes, both garden roses & wild.
A tip for keeping down greenfly/blackfly is to spray the bushes with a drop of washing up liquid in water. Even so I wouldn't feed the leaves to animals until after a shower of rain! ;)

Sorry to bump an old thread but what types of roses are safe? Are they all ok or is there some to be avoided?

as far as i know - all are fine.....well I have a variety in my garden - huge ones & also the climbing roses...I gather all petals & all leaves and dry to add to winter storage.....they dry really really well & keep for ages & can also be fed fresh..

Please correct me if wrong Judy - but Im sure all rose bushes are fine...its more about pesticides etc that you need to worry about!

(Dry the leaves in a cardboard box in the airing cupboard and toss every day to circulate...)

as far as i know - all are fine.....well I have a variety in my garden - huge ones & also the climbing roses...I gather all petals & all leaves and dry to add to winter storage.....they dry really really well & keep for ages & can also be fed fresh..

Please correct me if wrong Judy - but Im sure all rose bushes are fine...its more about pesticides etc that you need to worry about!

(Dry the leaves in a cardboard box in the airing cupboard and toss every day to circulate...)

You're absolutely right that all rose leaves are fine.
I was only suggesting a safe alternative to pesticides in the event of a green fly epidemic on our own roses.

You're absolutely right that all rose leaves are fine.
I was only suggesting a safe alternative to pesticides in the event of a green fly epidemic on our own roses.

oooh - great!
Yeah - great suggestion too.....Is forgotten about that.......Ive done that before ages and ages ago....if someone saw me they prob thought I was washing my plants!:lol::lol::lol:

Back