• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snot question - Billy

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Billy has a line of white snot coming out of one of his nostrils... apart from that he is eating, drinking, pooing and binkying normally.

Having never had a bunny with anything resembling snuffles before, is this vet-worthy or do I just keep an eye on him?

If its already white, the infection is already fairly active.

It could be an FB if its just on one nostril i guess, but i'd definately be heading to the vets for a checkup and possibly some abx and metacam (anti-inflammoatory).

:wave:

How did he get on at the vets. If you got the three vets I normally see they will be really good with this as Merlin had it :wave:

thanks for vibes guys! :wave: vet has taken a swab and started him on baytril just in case. Told me to keep checking to see if there is something stuck up that nostril as Ruby also looks like she has slept funny and has bits of hay sticking into her skin (I took Ruby too.) They could have been in a funny flopped position and Billy got hay up his nose :( :oops:

Vets were good though, going back on Monday...

my bertie has sufered thick white snot sneezed out on the floor..and had a swab done and a culture. it came back reactive to baytril but he still has it..it never goes...just gets brought under control each time.

the vets are supposed to do a dep sab under a GA..but bertie had a q tip but extra long right up as far as it would go in his nsoe..both nostrils:(

brave boy.

i hope you get it sorted soon .

He has got worse today - off his noms and sneezing every 5 seconds :( going to emergency vets.

Oh no! Come on Billy!!

Maybe it could be some kind of allergy? The weather has really perked up recently.... I dont know whether thats a silly suggestion or not :-/

Back