• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im not ready for this

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Hi as you all know i rescued 2 "neutered rabbits" jay and ruby, but since finding out that shes not neutered and neither is he im completely naffed.
Ive since had it confirmed ruby is pregnant and too far gone too have a abortion.
i dont have room for god knows how many babies and dont want to have to part with any of my bunnies, but short of either handing ruby pregnant over to somebody else who can handle her and her babies or rehoming Jay.

maybe im just being defeatist?
but at the moment theyre in a hutch too small for them (were building one for them) seperated in half so they cant get to eachother, im breaking my heart typing this at work but i realy hope someone can help me with an idea??

Hi as you all know i rescued 2 "neutered rabbits" jay and ruby, but since finding out that shes not neutered and neither is he im completely naffed.
Ive since had it confirmed ruby is pregnant and too far gone too have a abortion.
i dont have room for god knows how many babies and dont want to have to part with any of my bunnies, but short of either handing ruby pregnant over to somebody else who can handle her and her babies or rehoming Jay.

i was like this with my bunnies my male (whom i fort was female) got 2 of my females pregnant...its was a nightmare trying to seperdate them all but i managed it...at the minute 2 of my rabbits are in temporary foster home as i didnt have space for them and all the babies...and also finacially im in a bit of a ditch at the minute.
see if there is any foster homes or anyone that could maybe foster one of your rabbits for a little bit.

i think it would prob be best to foster the male out...so that the female is more comfortable...you just need to give her plenty of bedding...and lots of food and water....i would when babies come dont keep her in a little confind space with them as she might get annoyed with them a lot quicker..so make sure she has a bit of her space to .

found jay a foster :)

She has a double tier hutch she has bedding bottom and can escape at the top?

i would close of the ladder...i had to do that as i have a double tier hutch but was scared that the babbies might accidently drop down the ladder...but it should be fine...

Get him neutered so you can bond him to Mum as soon as she has weaned all her babies & can be spayed.

Then save up. A rescue may help you rehome the babies, but it would really only be fair if you at least contributed to their neutering costs.

Some vets may consider a late spay - but you need to feel comfortable with this

I'd get on freecylcle & look for a cheap temporary hutch/cage. You may need one anyway when time to wean babies if new homes haven't been found. And you don'g wanna risk boy-bun breaking down your barrier & killing the babies

kayla, if i read right, she means that she will have mum and babies in the bottom so mum can escape to the top.

angie, she is getting the male neutered on the 25th :)

kayla, if i read right, she means that she will have mum and babies in the bottom so mum can escape to the top.

angie, she is getting the male neutered on the 25th :)

oopsie well then i think that should be fine then...i was just think if she made the nest up the top they could fall down.

got a foster but i need a close to me person i can confine it and come see ruby and just give me piece of mind lol, theres only a ceratin amount of rabbit talk my fella can hack.

Back