• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best course of action

breeze

Mama Doe
Went see the woman from schools rabbit last night and what a sight.nose is runny and so Is one eye,but worse her top teeth grow out at an upside down v shape and bottom ones not good either.she cannot afford take vets so said will have pts unless I could take her.do I dare risk it?what costs etc will be involved?I have space to quarentine her.just means I'm taking on another rabbit when I'm due in 9wks but I can't let an animal be pts if it can be saved.help and advice needed guys

thats a toughy...is there no rescues near you that can help?? its going to be alot on you if you are due in 9wks time. trust me you can never be fully prepared for all the work a child takes and taken on another rabbit might be too much...where abouts is this rabbit located?
x

god, that's a really tough situation.
especially if you are due in 9 weeks.

i am with kayla, a local rescue might be the best option.

Kayla its my 4th baby.lol.she's in cheshire.don't want burden rescues as they have enough deal with

Kayla its my 4th baby.lol.she's in cheshire.don't want burden rescues as they have enough deal with

do you have the funds available to take on this bunny?

i know i don't have the funds available, or i would help, as i am in cheshire. but i really don't have that type of money at the moment :s

I could take him in an emergency rather than pts, unless someone more local can help? I would need help with transport part way though :wave:

Iv rang my vets and he's going have a look at her monday.I have funds to get clipped every month etc but couldn't removal.will post pics later.why me?how on earth do rescues cope?

Get a quote from your vet for removal. It will probably only be the equivalent of a few months worth of clipping. My last incisor removal was about £90 :)

It only costs me £6 to get Herbie's teeth burred every month or so. Hopefully this bun can sit nicely for an easy burr!

he quoted me around £90 for removal.hes charging me £12.50 to get them clipped which i could manage once a month etc.how often do they need clipping?shes a black nethie with grey flecks.so teeny.will sort out the snotty nose too whilst im there

he quoted me around £90 for removal.hes charging me £12.50 to get them clipped which i could manage once a month etc.how often do they need clipping?shes a black nethie with grey flecks.so teeny.will sort out the snotty nose too whilst im there

If her teeth are really badly aligned, you may be looking at every 2 or 3 weeks.

Clipping isn't really a long term solution, and could lead to other health issues if done for a long period of time. Perhaps you could save up the money for removal?

On the positive side...given that the bun is so young, there's a chance her teeth may be realigned with vet treatment and proper food...its a bit of a long shot though, especially if she's as bad as she sounds

Back