• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cost of neutering!

pepperpot

Warren Scout
I've been ringing round to find how much local vets are charging for neutering and also trying to find out if they do this on a regular basis. I've rung 7 so far.

I've been astounded at the difference in pricing.

A female spay cost has ranged from £55 to £119 :shock:

A male castration £49 to £100

What do I make of this!!!!!!!!

Lots of vets charge different prices.

You need to ask about their success rates, how many they have lost during the operations, what their aftercare is etc. :wave:

I would suggest going for the one that comes with a good rabbit vet (normally by recommendation). Prices can vary wildly, and sometimes can be a reflection on the skill of the vet, but not always.

50 for a male and 60 for a female .. is the cheapest i think
If you want to know my vet private message me.

I'd ask if that includes painkillers to take home for a few days afterwards (some vets don't include this, it is essential!), how many rabbit neuters do they do on average a month, what problems should you look out for afterwards etc

I'd ask if that includes painkillers to take home for a few days afterwards (some vets don't include this, it is essential!), how many rabbit neuters do they do on average a month, what problems should you look out for afterwards etc

good point.
my local vets is a good one though, recommended by many people on this forum :)

The costs do vary but some include the post op checkup, some don't.

Don't pick based on price for such an important operation.

In Preston it is £32 where I go for a male neuter. I am surprised Manchester is so expensive. That included pain medication and check ups are usually free. Though it's a bit far from Manchester and would cause a lot of stress for the journey.

just rang mine and checked.
couldnt get through to the willows (funnily enough the best vet, which is the cheapest)
but the other vet. £58 includes pain meds for after and a check up too. asked about the percentages lost and she said they havent lost a bunny to a spay or neuter in the 5 years she has worked there

In Preston it is £32 where I go for a male neuter. I am surprised Manchester is so expensive. That included pain medication and check ups are usually free. Though it's a bit far from Manchester and would cause a lot of stress for the journey.

wow, that's cheap

just rang mine and checked.
couldnt get through to the willows (funnily enough the best vet, which is the cheapest)
but the other vet. £58 includes pain meds for after and a check up too. asked about the percentages lost and she said they havent lost a bunny to a spay or neuter in the 5 years she has worked there

Are you in my area ?

Are you in my area ?

in cheshire, so in the county, just depends what area of cheshire you are in. sorry, i shall stop posting on your thread, everyone else did prices so i joined in :oops:

got told the best is the willows.
they have one in northwich and one in winsford
dunno if they are close to you though

Around £50 for both male and female at my vets

Hes not an exotic vet though....

eta - including checkup but not painkillers

preston male castration

HI
i noticed someone on here said that their is a place in preston where its only £32

please could you tell me where it is, as im in preston
x
tnx emma

At one time our dentals used to be £80 for ga plus per tooth same with other ops £80 for ga plus whatever now its kinder changed to £80 for all of then dental neuter is about the same but they have now got rid of cheap long term appointments which is rubbish as we could be there everyother day some weeks as vet needs to check eye or something straight in and out and that used to be £8 for same condition now its £25 no matter what which is annoying but what else can you do but pay:?

Back