• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devastated - Orla attacked Rodge

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Orla has been a little out of sorts with Gypsy being in the house....I shouldve seen this coming......when I went into their pen last night she chased Rodge away from me & all of a sudden fur was flying & alot of grunting from Orla.

Even though Gypsy was nowhere near them, I moved her up stairs for the night. Orla was less agitated & very calm for the rest of the evening.

This has knocked my confidence regarding bonding the 3 of them......Gypsy wont be staying with me but im going to help Collielover find her the BEST home possible.

Shes touched my heart & im going to miss her. Im ruling with my head not my heart on this decision....I dont want any of them getting hurt or Rodge & Orlas bond broken. :cry:

I'm really sorry my concerns i had yesterday actually occured Jenny :(

Bunnies are funny things, they get so attached to their territory, Orla has clearly decided she's had enough of another female in her territory :(

Loads of vibes they make up and all is better.

I'm really sorry my concerns i had yesterday actually occured Jenny

Bunnies are funny things, they get so attached to their territory, Orla has clearly decided she's had enough of another female in her territory

Loads of vibes they make up and all is better.

Thanks Graham, I didnt think I'd get so upset about it. :cry: Gypsy is so sweet in her own little way, I never bonded with my other two as quickly as I have with her. :(

I know shes going to be just fine at Collielovers but ill miss her very much. Whoever adopts her will be one lucky person, she deserves a loving home & husbun of her own.

Thanks Graham, I didnt think I'd get so upset about it. :cry: Gypsy is so sweet in her own little way, I never bonded with my other two as quickly as I have with her. :(

I know shes going to be just fine at Collielovers but ill miss her very much. Whoever adopts her will be one lucky person, she deserves a loving home & husbun of her own.

It's so easy to become attached. I had my eyes on a baby for a few weeks, just couldnt get him out of my head, but in my heart of hearts i knew it wasn't right. I still think of him now.

I couldnt afford, or provide a good environment for him, i couldnt risk what B&G have either.

Bless you for taking her on and helping her find a forever home though :love:

I'd love it if her future owner kept intouch with me as I want to know how she is & see pics of her snuggled up to another bun.

Im just so lucky to have met her, what a little gem she is. :love:

Sorry about the trouble between Orla and Rodge.

Thank you, im taking it as a sign that 3 is a crowd. :( Going to enjoy my last night with her, take as many pics as possible & give her a good brush so she is looking beautiful for Collielover.

Thank you, im taking it as a sign that 3 is a crowd. :( Going to enjoy my last night with her, take as many pics as possible & give her a good brush so she is looking beautiful for Collielover.

Hopefully you'll be able to follow her progress ... and recommend RU to whoever is luck enough to be her new owner!

Hopefully you'll be able to follow her progress ... and recommend RU to whoever is luck enough to be her new owner!

Oh ill definately ask them to join RU so I can see regualr pics of Gypsy! :love:

I'm so sorry. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make. :( Collielover will find her a very good home and hopefully you will be able to hear updates from them. :)

Referred agression such as this doesn't necessarily mean a bond on neutral territory wouldn't have worked, but I can fully understand your concerns and your reluctance to risk breaking a strong bond between your two bunnies.

I hope Orla and Rodge settle nicely once things are back to 'normal' for them. :)

I agree with KarenM that refered aggression is not always a sign of things to come. Casper played up towards Autumn when bailey first arrived but he actually adored Bailey once bonded, the only reason the trio broke down was because Autumn was too active for Bailey as he has sight difficulties. But of course there is always a risk when bonding onto an existing pair. Buns are so unpredictable.

Its a sad situation but my gut feeling is telling me that bonding them isnt a good idea.

Shes a sweet rabbit, no doubt she will be snapped up in no time, Ill make sure of it! :) She lay down next to me on the floor last night, all stretched out....and licked me, amazing how trusting shes bacame after two days! :) She will make someone very happy. :love:

Its a sad situation but my gut feeling is telling me that bonding them isnt a good idea.

In that case I think you are doing the sensible thing. I hope she finds a fabulous home. Rodge and Orla are very lucky to have such a level headed mummy who puts them first.

In that case I think you are doing the sensible thing. I hope she finds a fabulous home. Rodge and Orla are very lucky to have such a level headed mummy who puts them first.

Thank you, this post is lovely!

Everyone should consider how their existing pets will cope when introducing a new pet to the household. Its sad to see her go but on a positive note.....shes going to Collielover who will give her the best of care & I know she will notice how special this ladybun is. :love:

The exact same thing was happening to me last week...

My flatmate (in our tiny flat) just got a new rescue bunny (Bernie :love:) and all hell broke loose - despite the fact the rabbits never actually even saw each other! I was devastated! The first time I had been petting the new one and came back into my room (where my bunnies live) I guess smelling like him and a huge fight between the two broke out. It was terrible :? I hoped this was a one off so separated them for a bit, gave them some greens, and went about my business. When I put them back together it happened again.

It was awful because it happened around once or twice a day. I would separate them, and they would pine for each other (go up to the cage and lick each other through the bars) so I would think it was okay for them - I have limited room and don't actually have another cage so was desperate for them to make it up. It wasn't until around a week later that things got back to normal again. Riley is still scared whenever Roge chases her, even in a game, and runs to me for protection, but I'm sure that will change with time.

Anyway, I know what you're talking about - it is terrifying thinking a bond could be broken.

I realise you said that it is your gut feeling that you don't want to try a three-way bond and that is fair enough, but I just thought I might share some of my experience? When we got Roger and his sister, Riley went crazy. She was a single bun before and I've never seen her so aggressive. Whenever I opened my bedroom door, she was scratching frantically at my feet to get out. :shock: Ouch. Her personality completely changed and, again, I was incredibly upset. She wanted nothing to do with me and all she wanted to do was attack the other rabbits. I think my rabbits just respond strongly to another rabbit being in the house.

So as you can imagine, I was terrified to even attempt to bond. But after a couple of weeks I sucked it up and put them into the bath tub. They were perfect - I couldnt believe it. It was such an easy bond, and despite the hiccup recently with the new rabbit, they are the best of friends. They can't be without each other.

I hope that helps, or at least reassures you insofar as knowing things will be back to normal soon! :)

Best of luck with the buns! :wave:

Sorry to hear you've decided not to keep her.

It would be lovely for you if someone on here ended up taking her ;), so you could keep in touch.

Well done for helping her. I hope little Orla calms down again soon.

:cry: I'm sorry Jenny (is that your name?? :oops:)

I too wanted to bond a threesome a few months back.. jester was the most gorgous honey bunny, I wanted him so bad! But i don't think carlo would actually put up with it :cry:

Jester has an amazing home now, so it wasn't meant to be, but I can't even begin to realise how hard it was for you, I never "Met" Jester

I'm sorry Jenny (is that your name?? )

I too wanted to bond a threesome a few months back.. jester was the most gorgous honey bunny, I wanted him so bad! But i don't think carlo would actually put up with it

Jester has an amazing home now, so it wasn't meant to be, but I can't even begin to realise how hard it was for you, I never "Met" Jester

Thanks Shelly, yeah its Jenny! :wave:

Going to say my goodbyes tonight, ill have my weekend of being sad & then throw myself into moving Rodge & Orla back outside next weekend.

Weedug, yes I would love for someone on here to take her, maybe someone close by so I can pop by for visits & a cup of tea. ;)

Back