• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One thing after another...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Well i thought my fox issue in the garden was sorted now, heard or saw nothing for a week or so, Lexi alerts us if she hears one :wave:

So slowly intergrating the rabbits back outside, last night was there first night back out, about 1.00am i heard Flopsy stamping then Lexi started barking so i new something was out there, i saw a RAT!!!!!! :shock:

Now i know this seems silly, but i am petrified of rats!!!! :evil:

It was walking round the rabbit hutch, with the rabbits in it!!!

Got my dad out of bed and made him help me bring them in :lol: my poor dad... Then at 4.00am Lexi started barking again, looked outside and there was a fox! :shock:

Good job i brought them in, they are staying in again now!

I give up! What am i doing wrong.

The garden is sweaped up twice a day, disinfected, no rubbish about, no bushes, we don't feed birds so no food about... so what am i doing wrong! :roll:

I dont think you're doing anything wrong.

Do you live in a residential area, where lots of people leave food and bags etc out?

I would guess your in an area prone to it, and theres now nothing you'll be able to do :?

Is it viable to have them inside permanently?

nothing....rats might just be traveling through the garden....and foxes will just search for food...i think there is not much you can do to be honest....unless try and find a way to stop the fox coming in...but the rat i think will come and go from time to time

Im trying to persuade my parents to have them in pernamantly :) so fingers crossed.

We are in a built up area :cry:

I am just petrified of rats :cry: which really doesn't help, i wont go back outside now :cry:

I feel sorry for you ..
Here as some solutions.
- Stick some bike lights on to the fences in your garden .
-Hang cds up by thread so they reflect light in the night.
-Get a fox detergent
-On the fences screw down those plastic spikes they meant to be for keeping predators and humans out lol

Back