• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed ended up at the animal hospital last night

Pandora7

Warren Scout
Leo needs some vibes please.

My OH came home last night to find Leo had his head stuck between the bars. Of the run (trixie run with metal bars, the run has been used for 12 months no problems)
He had some how god knows how pushed the run across the patio about 6 foot whilst stuck in the run. Thank the lord my OH came home as he was nearing the two-steps in the garden.
I rushed him to my vet who squeezed me in even though she was double booked.
She checked him over he was worn all his claws on the front paws down to the vain , ripped out his dew claws, and glazed his eye and damaged his third eye lid.
My vet advised to take him to the hospital due to the pain he was in and due to shock.
I have never pankicked so much he looked so streesed. They are going to look at him this morning and decide if he needs a CT

Oh my god, poor little guy :shock::(
Lets hope hes just scared himself and no serious damage is done. Loads of vibes. Xx:wave:

Poor lad- thank God for vets who appreciate the need for pain relief and serious vet TLC.

Hope Leo recovers from the shock and terror and merely has grazes and badly worn claws.

Sending lots of vibes.

I'm sure someone else had this happen with a trixi run, was it Xmissysjx?

Perhaps we should be forwarding concerns to the manufacture?

Oh no, thats horrible, poor little man :(

Sending loads of vibes and I hope he feels better soon

I was thinking of writing to them to complain this should not be happening.

I am going to b &q tomarrow to get some wire mess to cover it so it will not happen again. I wold get a new run but is not worth it as I am planning on building the bunny place when we move next month.

Still no word as of yet will keep you updated.

Sending lots of vibes.

I'm sure someone else had this happen with a trixi run, was it Xmissysjx?

Perhaps we should be forwarding concerns to the manufacture?

Yes, it was SJ, it's happened to someone else too but I can't remember, it's definitely a serious issue now. Poor Leo is the worst off of the cases I've read about.

Hope you have some good news soon, it doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened if your OH didn't find him when he did.:cry:

Oh my god that's horrendous! He must have been so scared :( it definitely needs taking off the Market! Vibes for a speedy recovery for little Leo :love:

How awful I hope all goes well for you. I have that run and its really scary. I'd herad it had happened before but not directly and was starting to wonder if it was a sort of urban myth. Obviously not. I would write to the makers as well. They dont need to completely get rid of it as suggested but maybe make the bar spacing a lot smaller so it can't happen in future.

How awful I hope all goes well for you. I have that run and its really scary. I'd herad it had happened before but not directly and was starting to wonder if it was a sort of urban myth. Obviously not. I would write to the makers as well. They dont need to completely get rid of it as suggested but maybe make the bar spacing a lot smaller so it can't happen in future.

I guess those of you who already have thus run could staple some mesh over the inside of the run so that your buns cant get their heads through? Just a suggestion :wave:

Just called the vets Leo is eating and drinking fine, getting back to him self thank the lord.

His eye is red, so is coming home with some drops.

Do you think he will be ok back in the hutch or should I bring them both into the kitchen for a couple of days?

Just called the vets Leo is eating and drinking fine, getting back to him self thank the lord.

His eye is red, so is coming home with some drops.

Do you think he will be ok back in the hutch or should I bring them both into the kitchen for a couple of days?

Great news. I'd go with familar surroundings as he doesn't particularly need nursing.

glad he's doing better :D i was going to get this run but i think i'll go for something else instead- you'd think they'd make sure something like this couldn't happen. anyway, all the best:wave:

Back