• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yearning for company of Bunsters

:wave:
In October my first and only rabbit was pts, I had her for about 9 years and I miss her so much. I never realised how much I loved the little bunster.

I think also I torment myself as well because I put off going to vets as I feared taking her and being given the ultimatum, when I did go I was given that choice and decided to go with vets opinion and she was pts there and then. I did not have time to prepare myself or really say a proper goodbye. I was completely traumatised and I constantly wonder if I made the right decision.
I swore that I would never go through that again, and no more pets.

However I have this constant yearning to help a couple of rescue buns, but trying very hard resist these feelings, but they just don't seem to go away.

I have contemplated volunteering at a local RSPCA, but I think it would be too hard as I would probably want to adopt them all, also lack of experience. I don't think owning one rabbit constitutes me as being an expert.

I guess I wish I could get my bunny fix, without the heartache.:oops:

((((hugs))))) I'm so sorry you lost your bunny. I'm sure you're a wonderful bunnymommy. Maybe take some time and check out some rescues and then maybe adopt a pair. Take your time. xx

I'm so sorry for your loss, it is the hardest thing about owning bunnies :( If you feel ready, why not visit your local rescue and see which bunnies they have in and see if there are any suitable for you. They break your heart but are such rewarding pets to own, hope you are able to own some more at some point.

You dont need to be an expert to volunteer at rspca. They have a lady that goes in most days and cleans everybun out but she could always do with help. Some of the buns just need more cuddles to get them tamer too which would make them easier to rehome.

Wirral are open every day except Thurs 11.30-3.30 why not pop in and ask what you could do :D

Back