• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackberry & Buttercup have expensive taste

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
My boys all have Beaphar's pellets, which they love, but they cosy £7.99 a bag, and it's not a large bag (lasts a couple of weeks), so I've picked up a bag of SS to see of they like that (the bag is twice the size and it was a quid cheaper).

Their reactions:

Clover & Dandelion: Gimme! CHOMP! More please! (They are allowed 2 each a day at the moment to see how Clo's tummy copes)

Blackberry & Buttercup: *sniff* Urgh! We're not touching those yukky things!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

i've had to give snowball wagg pellets, they are the only pellets i have access to in winsford lol. asda sell them now which is a bonus :D

Spenser is very pleased with his SS pellets ... and very cross with me for insisting on a slow introduction. :no: I've still got a full bag of Excel, but Spenser is making his preference for SS very clear. He picks out his few SS, the ignores or tips out the Excel. :roll:

Spenser is very pleased with his SS pellets ... and very cross with me for insisting on a slow introduction. :no: I've still got a full bag of Excel, but Spenser is making his preference for SS very clear. He picks out his few SS, the ignores or tips out the Excel. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and I should have mentioned the time he tipped the Excel into his water bowl. :roll:

Blackie has also decided he doesn't like fenugreek crunchies any more. I think maybe he had one that was a bit sharp and may have hurt his mouth a bit (the vet couldn't see any problems) but he won't touch them now :(

He's eating his Beaphar's fine, but the crunchies were my 'dental' test for him....

Your buns are spoilt :lol::lol:

My two will eat anything, they love their tummies, they wanted to be food critics, the only problem is they say mmmm nom nom nom :love::love: for everything.

Blackie has also decided he doesn't like fenugreek crunchies any more. I think maybe he had one that was a bit sharp and may have hurt his mouth a bit (the vet couldn't see any problems) but he won't touch them now :(

He's eating his Beaphar's fine, but the crunchies were my 'dental' test for him....

:shock::shock::shock:

Hope his mouth is OK now, bless him.

:shock::shock::shock:

Hope his mouth is OK now, bless him.

I took him for a tooth check on Wednesday as I was worried, but the vet couldn't see any of the usual problems. He's also moulting really heavily, which I think is making him a bit of a grumpy bun. But I'm keeping a close eye on him :)

Poor wee Blackie.:( Does he still do his fenugreek crunchie poo? :? Spenser isn't moulting at all yet ... no doubt his time will come. :roll:

Alfie and Bubbles hated SS when I first started giving it to them .... now they both like it a little too much. :lol:

:lol::lol: they are funny. I've got Frankie and Kassy on Beaphar.

If I could afford it I would happily keep them on the Beaphar's - it smells sooooo yummy!

I just thought if I could mix the 2 it would lessen the cost a little for me.

I left a couple of SS pellets in with the Little Boys - they ate everything around the pellets, but left them :roll:

mabels says SS is the best meal of her day :) and locksley would eat anything lol, but is an SS bunny too

If I could afford it I would happily keep them on the Beaphar's - it smells sooooo yummy!

I just thought if I could mix the 2 it would lessen the cost a little for me.

I left a couple of SS pellets in with the Little Boys - they ate everything around the pellets, but left them :roll:

I agree it is very expensive and a bag doesn't last long either. Luckily none of my other bunnies are on it or I would need to win the lottery.

Proper frantic for SS here! :shock:
Jenson goes mad for them, paws everywhere trying to get them off me!

That says, I still have some junior excel and he eats those happily too. I think his coat (and poops) are better with SS though and I can get it in the little family pet shop near where I work.

Back