• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me? I'm useless.

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Can someone pleaseeee tell me my plan is okay?

I have £180 in my bank account:shock: (I hate my job.)
£80 of that is what remains of my earnings from last month, £100 is what my parents have given me to go towards the girls' spay.

At least £30 of the £180 will go on their food/hay this month
Spaying is £140, and that doesn't count their pre/post checkups or pain meds
Three VHD vaccs will be £60

So as you can see, I don't have the money.

I'm babysitting on Saturday evening for 5 hours, so should get at least £20 then, and I get paid on the £28th.

THE PLAN:shock:

. Get all three buns vaccinated at beginning of half term (next week)
. Save up till April, only paying out for things like the buns' food.
. Get girlies spayed in the Easter holidays (I have two weeks off to keep a
close eye on them. (This will be end of April)
. Begin bonding in June/July, either in June study leave or beginning of
summer hols.

Does this sound okay? Is end of April/beginning of June long enough of a gap to start bonding after a spay?
I know the VHD's are a priority, especially at the moment:)

£80 of that is what remains of my earnings from last month, £100 is what my parents have given me to go towards the girls' spay.

I'm babysitting on Saturday evening for 5 hours, so should get at least £20 then, and I get paid on the £28th.

summer hols.

Does this sound okay? Is end of April/beginning of June long enough of a gap to start bonding after a spay?

Those prices for spaying sound quite high - vets charge £50 per bun inc post spay checks etc I pay a bit less than that per VHD too. Is it worth asking around for better prices or maybe ask your vet for group discount?

Plan sounds good assuming there are no after spay problems

£70 per spay does seem high (only having 2 spayed right?) My male neuter was only £32 with pain killers and I know males have an easier surgery but I doubt a spay where I am would leap up to around £70. My VHD is only £15 per bun. I'd try shopping about as webbkath said. :wave:

However I'd say you're doing your best and doing a good job! :)

Last edited:
Help me? I'm useless

Can i just say for the record, you are budgeting and saving, asking for advice and information ergo you are far from useless :D

Help me? I'm useless

Can i just say for the record, you are budgeting and saving, asking for advice and information ergo you are far from useless :D

Thankyou:D

Webbkath and Emmz, yep, I've shopped around a LOT. Everywhere us either more expensive, or the same. The only one cheaper was £61 each, and I did not trust the vet practice one bit. They were saying it's a minor op and that buns don't need pain meds:roll:

LilVicky, Thanks, hope George had a bunderful day:p:love:

Webbkath and Emmz, yep, I've shopped around a LOT. Everywhere us either more expensive, or the same. The only one cheaper was £61 each, and I did not trust the vet practice one bit. They were saying it's a minor op and that buns don't need pain meds:roll:

LilVicky, Thanks, hope George had a bunderful day:p:love:

Ah just realised you are down South everything is more expensive down there :lol: and yes buns DO need pain meds

Ah just realised you are down South everything is more expensive down there :lol: and yes buns DO need pain meds

Yes - the south does have really high vet prices :(

The prices quoted sound average for around here, some are far pricier than those prices.

Webbkath and Emmz, yep, I've shopped around a LOT. Everywhere us either more expensive, or the same. The only one cheaper was £61 each, and I did not trust the vet practice one bit. They were saying it's a minor op and that buns don't need pain meds

Wot ru kiddin - no pain meds for an op - ouch!! and ur right to give those "vets" a WIDE berth!

Hiya,
Bless you for putting the needs of buns first.:D

I used to volunteer for a charity called Prevent Unwanted Pets and we would give vouchers to those struggling to pay for their pets to be neutered (usually people on low incomes/benefits etc).

There must be something similar in your area. You could always try the charity as although I answered calls in Nottingham we dealt with people all over the country.

http://preventunwantedpets.co.uk/

summer hols.

Well I think you're brilliant, not useless at all. You're organised and forward thinking. You should be proud of yourself.

I would suggest you ring your vets and say that you need VHD and your 2 buns to be spayed. Ask if they have a payment plan, perhaps they would let you spread the costs over a few months? My vets do that.

If not, why not do the VHD now and then get them spayed in a few weeks when you have done a bit more babysitting. Afterall the buns need to eat.

Btw my bun had his VHD jab and they used the 'Cylap' drug. My bun had a nasty reaction to his and rubbed his neck raw. :shock: I am sure you know all about this, but I thought I would mention it just in case. You can ask for a different drug for VHD.

Anyway, you are doing brilliantly. Keep up the good work.

Btw, can you not charge a little more for babysitting to help? I use a 17 girl to babysit my 2 boys and I pay her £5 per hour.... so if you were doing 5 hours you would get more......

All the best. :wave:

Well I think you're brilliant, not useless at all. You're organised and forward thinking. You should be proud of yourself.

I would suggest you ring your vets and say that you need VHD and your 2 buns to be spayed. Ask if they have a payment plan, perhaps they would let you spread the costs over a few months? My vets do that.

If not, why not do the VHD now and then get them spayed in a few weeks when you have done a bit more babysitting. Afterall the buns need to eat.

Btw my bun had his VHD jab and they used the 'Cylap' drug. My bun had a nasty reaction to his and rubbed his neck raw. :shock: I am sure you know all about this, but I thought I would mention it just in case. You can ask for a different drug for VHD.

Anyway, you are doing brilliantly. Keep up the good work.

Btw, can you not charge a little more for babysitting to help? I use a 17 girl to babysit my 2 boys and I pay her £5 per hour.... so if you were doing 5 hours you would get more......

All the best. :wave:

And yes my plan is to get the VHD's now and then get the girlies spayed in the Easter holidays:)
I'll be asking for Lapinject or the new one, Anivac:wave:

Oh and also, I don't really charge a set amount for babysitting.. I normally just settle for whatever they can afford. I know it's silly, but I hate to think I'm putting pressure on people:lol:

Back