• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Sue has commenced

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Well, I've set the pen up in the lounge and divided it into two and put Dylan, Molly and Munchkin in the larger part and Sue in the smaller piece. Each part has a litter tray and water bottle - but no room for much else:( I've added some food but nobun is nomming, which is a real worry.

The group of three are all shaking as they do when I put them in a carrier for the vet:( Sue doesn't look as bothered but isn't eating either.

I am stressed already and it's only been an hour since I moved them from outside. Have turned my heating off and am now feeling a bit cold. More jumpers I think!

I feel really cruel watching the buns shaking. They have never been indoors and are usually in a two storey hutch at night with access to a run in the day and now they are in a tiny pen. They are taking it in turns to sit in the litter tray and are huddled together.

My plan was to leave them separate tonight and remove the divider tomorrow. Wish I had a laptop so I could at least 'chat' while in with the buns. On Sat I have a friend coming over as I am trying to decorate too so we can share the decorating and bonding. He doesn't have bunnies but is good with mine. At least then I can go to the loo and make a cup of tea while he watches them.

Have just been in to the lounge to check on them. Different bun in the litter tray. They don't look quite so stressed and Sue looks almost happy. No-one is nomming though. I so hope they don't all go into stasis.

I think I will leave what I have to do and go and watch some TV with them. Maybe they will feel happier if Mummy is around. Sue has jumped up at the side of the pen to see me. She is so very thin now:( She still kicked when I picked her up to bring her indoors earlier though - and boy can she kick for a poorly bun:D

I will just ramble on to myself:oops:

There is a piece of pear in both litter trays so the buns are showing an interest in food. Sue is at the divider and she so wants to be friends. If the others reject her she will be heartbroken.

I've turned the main light off and left two lamps on as they aren't used to light at this time of night, being outdoor buns.

I am getting so stressed I think they are picking up on it and won't eat when I am in with them. I don't have a bath and a friend has said I can go over and use his to de-stress me a bit. The buns have food, litter, hay and water. They can't hurt themselves or each other. The cats can't get in the lounge. The buns will all be perfectly OK if I leave them - but I still feel guilty.

I won't be able to leave them once the divider is down so I may as well make the most of it. Hopefully, when I get back they will all have eaten something and be more relaxed - as will I.

I have never been this nervous about a bonding before - but have never bonded a poorly bun. I need to chill out a bit or they will pick up on my stress:)

I think going out was a good idea as the group of three have nommed all their food:) Sue, on the other hand, has barely eaten anything:( I've just given her some parsley and more spring greens and she is eating those so I don't think she is in stasis - just fussy!!

The pen is already a mess as the group of three aren't litter trained:( I have bare floorboards which I have covered with newspaper but it's already soaked. I hope Sue doesn't pick up their bad habits. She is brilliant with a tray and has a carpet in her hutch.

I am absolutely terrified to remove the divider tomorrow. What if they all attack Sue? She will be so scared. I feel so bad that I can't afford to rehome a single bun to bond with her. I just want to pick her up and take her to bed with me (but I won't).

Thank you all for your support. I am less stressed now I have had a change of environment and a lovely, relaxing bath with loads of bubbles:) I won't be able to do that tomorrow though. Maybe lots of camomile tea would be a good idea.

Off to say goodnight to them all now and to turn the lights off. Pippa has managed to get in the lounge with them too - but she thinks she is a rabbit anyway and they are used to her as she goes in their outside run. I will evict her before I go to bed.

I will say a short prayer to the Patron Saint of Bonding Bunnies (there must be one, surely?) that all goes well tomorrow.

It isn't yet!! They are still separated as I realised that trying to decorate and bond bunnies at the same time was a bit unrealistic. I have just finished emulsioning the spare room and am now going to clean out Furby and Faye and then vaccuum and then shower and move into the lounge and remove the divider.

I have to sell my house asap as I can't afford to pay the mortgage and bills so am trying to de-clutter and splash some magnolia around rather than the peeling paper that was up there.

All buns are now eating though - so that's a good sign. The mess in the pen is unbelievable and I don't have many newspapers left :( Now Sue is eating I am feeling a bit calmer about the bond.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow so can bond and decorate as I will have another pair of eyes.

I don't often wish I had a partner - but I have started too lately:( Don't think any guy could cope with a mad bunny and cat lady though!

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I didn't know you were selling your house, I'm not surprised your feeling under strain at the moment!

I've had to buy extra newspapers the last week or so as I'm running really low - its a pain :roll:

Lots of vibes for a stress free bonding and a quickie house sale. So hope the others accept Sue, she sounds such a sweetheart I'm sending her great big cyber hugs!:love:

I will have to sell the house as my income has dropped and things keep going up but it is very cluttered and needs work doing to it so I can't even get it valued yet.

I have many, many trips to the tip to do:)

I cleared up the soaking newspaper and removed the divider and Sue rushed over to say hello to the other three who huddled together closely. They are now in separate corners but the really good news is that Sue is eating. She is nomming more than I have seen her eat for ages and I haven't put in all the nice things because of not wanting the other three to put on weight. There was some pear - but only a tiny amount. Sue was eating pellets:)

She is so happy to be with other bunnies - but none of them look impressed. They are doing a little chasing but apart from that leaving each other alone. I will sleep on the settee tonight just in case I need to intervene.

Pippa insisted on 'helping', and climbed the bookcase in my lounge and then jumped onto the TV. I sometimes forget she isn't a year yet and is still very playful. She keeps staring at the buns - and they just ignore her.

There has been no humping at all so far. I so hope they all accept Sue. I keep telling them she is poorly and they must be nice to her - but they don't seem to be paying me much attention:(

Only just seen this! :wave: xx

Sendings loads and *loads* of bonding vibes!!!

And hugs for you 'cos I'm guessing that you're stressed......

Shall follow this thread and am really, *really* hoping it will all go well for your sake and of course for the lovely Sue. :) xx

Well I had a pretty sleepless night. My settee is very old and very uncomfortable:(

The buns kept chasing each other - but it wasn't Sue as much as the other three!!

They just seem to be ignoring her. She is at one end of the pen and the other three are huddled in a tiny space (the whole pen is small) at the other end.

I will have to go out later as I have realised I have no cat litter or bunny greens. Living on my own it's impossible to be with them 24/7. I had cheese and biscuits for my main meal last night as I was scared to leave them while I cooked.

Have a friend coming over in half an hour to help with the decorating so I will have someone to help keep an eye on the buns too:) Will see if he will stay with them while I go out.

I feel totally shattered and am on-call tomorrow night again:(

I suppose the positives are that nobun is hurting Sue. She is definitely eating more, so she must be happier.

Not sure what to do to actually get them together. I can't take them for a car ride as I don't have a carrier big enough for four buns and I only have a two seater car so can't put them in the back in a pen.

This is sooooooo stressful. I've got a headache and just want to go to sleep. I am so worried this isn't going to work and I can't leave Sue on her own and then I feel a really bad Bunny Mummy because I can't afford to rehome another bun for her at the moment. It's wrong that my animals are suffering because of me choosing to do care work (which is badly paid and insecure at the moment).

More vibes for a successful bond would be really appreciated. And, yes, hugs for me are much needed:oops:

These bunnies just don't seem to want to bond. They just keep sitting at different ends of the pen and then occasionally start chasing around the pen and then settle where they started off.

The group of three are together and poor Sue is sitting in a litter tray looking sad.

I don't know what to do as I can see this going on forever. There is no humping - just chasing - and it's not often Sue - it's the group of three chasing each other.

I guess if this doesn't work I could try Sue with one of my pairs - but it doesn't seem fair to keep stressing her out.

At least they are not fighting at all.

Have you explored trying to keep the house and renting a room, or changing your mortgage? Its such a shame having to sell.

If they are not fighting at all it may just be a matter of time .. :)

Sue doesnt sound like she is stressed by it at all so i wouldnt worry about her any more than the others to be honest . ;)

Back