• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
I have a hutch in my garden which I took for fostering but don't have anybun to foster :(. To save it sitting there doing nothing I thought about bunny boarding. :?

What should I know about it before jumping in and advertising and being totally naive? Does anyone have experience in this field that could give me some advice.

I must point out that I would rather foster but well I explained earlier..

You need to think about quarantining and anything any 'foreign' rabbits may bring in.

You need to think about thorough cleaning.

Also what you expect of people when they book their rabbits, such as proof of vaccination, what info you want to know, their vets, what you will do if they need a vet, if they will provide food.

Also, what happens if no one collects them.

Also, do you need Insurance? I don't know about that.

There will be more experienced people that will come and nswer, I'm sure.

Am glad you started this thread as boarding is something I have been considering for some time. I would much rather have furry lodgers than human ones:)

A friend of mine who used to run a rescue now boards and as far as I can remember she said you need insurance, but not a licence for bunnies, although you do to board cats or dogs. She doesn't do indoor buns though. I was thinking of doing indoor (in my spare room) as well as outdoor. As far as I know she has never had any buns not be collected - it's something I had never thought about - but is a good point.

Will be watching this thread with interest.

Am glad you started this thread as boarding is something I have been considering for some time. I would much rather have furry lodgers than human ones:)

A friend of mine who used to run a rescue now boards and as far as I can remember she said you need insurance, but not a licence for bunnies, although you do to board cats or dogs. She doesn't do indoor buns though. I was thinking of doing indoor (in my spare room) as well as outdoor. As far as I know she has never had any buns not be collected - it's something I had never thought about - but is a good point.

Will be watching this thread with interest.

I thought insurance was a good idea and wondered about asking the RSPCA for advice but it's one of those places I don't like to bother I always feel that they have better things to do than answer the phone to me :lol:

Yes you would need insurance. Best to contact insurance companies and get some quotes as they can vary from place to place.

It is a very rewarding job but, it can bring its own stresses. There is alot of responsibility involved.

Best to think about how you would want your rabbits to be looked after.

Visit some bunny boarding websites and get some ideas about what is involved.

As I said it is rewarding..................just alot of hard work if you consider starting up.

Be prepared.

Back