• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring is in the air!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I was grooming my buns today and looked like a Yeti at the end of it. Looks like the milder weather is triggering a moult. I only hope this weather continues and there's not more snow on the way!!

Any other rabbits shedding like this? I was wondering, what happens to rabbits in the wild? We are able to groom our rabbits and get rid of lots of hair for them to try to minimise the chance of hairballs forming. Obviously no-one does this for wild rabbits so how do they cope?

No idea about the wildies but my lot are getting tufty bots as well. I love it when its about half way though and they look like they have little tutu's on :love:

Orla has little tufts sticking out all over her.....I have to admit I love gently pulling them out. :lol:

Rodge isnt moulting yet....when he does, he goes from black & white to light brown & white on his back! :D

Angel is looking rather tufty atm, I need to give her a brush soon, she'll hate me for that I'm sure!

Sydnee has a few tufts sticking out but Angel looks funny with all of hers. Will have to try and get some pics coz she looks so cute!

mabel is almost completely sable now :lol: ill take a photo later from above you'll see what i mean, her coat colour coming though, its such a lovely rich brown colour though :love:

I was grooming my buns today and looked like a Yeti at the end of it. Looks like the milder weather is triggering a moult. I only hope this weather continues and there's not more snow on the way!!

Any other rabbits shedding like this? I was wondering, what happens to rabbits in the wild? We are able to groom our rabbits and get rid of lots of hair for them to try to minimise the chance of hairballs forming. Obviously no-one does this for wild rabbits so how do they cope?

i think they will use bushs and stuff to come it out or it just falls off.

thats all i do with scooter really leave him to it. i dont get much time to help him. it all seems to fall out quite good though come in to find hair everywhere lol :D

Back