• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoors Rabbits

d_animality

Young Bun
Hi... im still living with my parents...

Apparently ive made a cgae for all my rabbits which is around 3ft in sizes..

and i put them all in my house and are litter trained... but they poops everywhere and pee in litter box...

so my mom always mad at me saying that rabbits cannot be put inside as they might be harmful to the health of people living inside... is it true? i just bought an english angora where her furs are everywhere when i groom her and my mom said it will cause asthma and they all have bacterias..

i clean their cage daily or every other day depends on the condition of the litter box as the litter are maintained deep can hold at least two days stock of junk from the rabbits.. LoL.. SO my question is.. are they really that harmful for our health and anything i should aware of to make a clean environment for us and the rabbits? i want tips on keeping them indoors and maintain healthy life .. Thanks!

If they're kept clean, they are fine. And unless you already suffer from asthma you wont get a reaction :)

Unless anyone in your family has an allergy to their fur or to hay (which I think would be obvious by now)they arent harmful to our health atall, as far as I know.
As with any animal just practise good hygiene, clean them out regularly (as you already do) and wash your hands after cleaning them :wave:

As far as I know they have less transmittable illnesses than cats and dogs as they don't eat meat.

Mine are indoors. You do need a bigger cage than 3 foot though, a LOT bigger.

oh yea.. currently the 3ft is suitable for her as she is still young.. plan to make it bigger one day... anyway im so glad to hear that they are fine and safe... my mom keep on forcing me to put them outside... I prefer them inside... but my mom keep talking about hygiene and the furs everywhere...

Hopefully all goes well.. :)

Back