• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone else use this?

shell1805

Mama Doe
002-13.jpg

ive used this for my guys for about a year now, its an import from america but just wondered if anyone else uses it?
they seem to love it but its pretty expensive at £7.99 :?

xx

002-13.jpg

ive used this for my guys for about a year now, its an import from america but just wondered if anyone else uses it?
they seem to love it but its pretty expensive at £7.99 :?

xx

I don't use that particular brand of timothy hay, but i've used timothy hay before. I dont find it much better than the meadow hay my two have, which is a lot cheaper.

meadow hay? never used that to be honest, may i ask where you get it from??

Most pet stores, The Hay Experts, Animal Magic :wave:

It's ~£5 a large compressed bag.

Or you could get a bale, it'd work out cheaper if thats viable :)

I used to use it when I only had 3 rabbits. But I just buy bales of meadow hay now as its far too expensive for 8 hungry bunny mouths!

I used to use it when I only had 3 rabbits. But I just buy bales of meadow hay now as its far too expensive for 8 hungry bunny mouths!

i can imagine, my OH does grumble when i pick it up but i like that its all green and fresh looking and bella loves it

I used it once when Tibbsy was little - but it was so dusty it gave me a massive asthma attack - I was rushed to hospital, and the hay was swiflty replaced.
I've never trusted it since, too dusty for me.

I used it once when Tibbsy was little - but it was so dusty it gave me a massive asthma attack - I was rushed to hospital, and the hay was swiflty replaced.
I've never trusted it since, too dusty for me.

:shock: oh my, i have asthma but luckily this doesn't aggrivate it

I haven't tried that one, I normally get the Western Timothy Hay, there seems to be more nutritional info listed with the AK one than the Western, what's the difference between the two apart from being an import?. They're both similar price but you get more in the the AK one, so would be interested to see what people thought.

:shock: oh my, i have asthma but luckily this doesn't aggrivate it

It was awful - I had a couple of attacks as a child, but as mine is directly related to my Hayfever, they were quite mild and as soon as I got inside I started to feel better.

The Alfalfa King Timothy we got was coated in dust (and therefore pollen) and it brought on a really bad attack.
Could have been a bad batch, but I just won't risk it again.

It was awful - I had a couple of attacks as a child, but as mine is directly related to my Hayfever, they were quite mild and as soon as I got inside I started to feel better.

The Alfalfa King Timothy we got was coated in dust (and therefore pollen) and it brought on a really bad attack.
Could have been a bad batch, but I just won't risk it again.

you poor thing, its probably best you stay clear of it then if it does that to you x

Back