• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rescue SEE POST 140

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I was alerted to a free ad in my area..the person was concerned for the rabbit due to the state it was in..the pic was awful but cannot use here as not mine
But I went to collect the bun..did not say I was a rescue
The lady is a hobbyist breeder..nice lady but oh dear the lack of knowledge:cry:

Anyway, the poor girl . The lady said she "rescued " her from someone who had bought her from a pet shop. She then mated her up 3 times but each time this doe killed the kits, hence why advertised as " no good for breeding" :cry:
I have called her Starfish..some will know why :D
Here is her rear end

fluffydirt.jpg

Here is her matted head..doesn't really show the large matts in pic

fluffyhead.jpg

and here is the frightened little girl herself

fluffy.jpg

I am leaving her to settle and eat and will sort her out either later today or tomorrow morning

Last edited:
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::evil:

What the hell is wrong with people :cry:

Thank god for you Jill, thank god.

All real rescues deserve gold, pure gold.

:cry::cry: Poor girl! She's looking very sorry for herself!:(

You can tell what a beautiful girl she is though! :love::love:

:cry::cry: Poor girl.

She looks absolutely awful, but her life can only improve from now on and I'd love to see photos of her when she's been in your loving care for a while - I know they'll be a world apart from the photos here.

I will be sending the breeder some info
She needs it.
I will tell her I'm a rescue and why I collected Starfish
She only feeds veg 2-3 times a veg and very limited..such as carrot or carrot.
She gives " just a small amount of hay" twice a week..no sign of even a strand anywhere in or near the dozens of hutches
She seemed nice and loves her animals..but taking up breeding as a hobby is not like stamp collecting..these are live creatures and to go in and start with Frenchies, lionheads, mini lops, dwarf lops, nethies and it seems any other bun she gets...it not trying to improve the breed or any of the other excuses breeders use.
I asked about another matted lionhead but it seems he is good for breeding so he stayed:(

Last edited:
OMG.

What a lovely little starfish Jill, I mean bunny. But she's certainly the starfish that you saved today.

She's so cute and reminds me of Womble. :)

Well done for getting her. Without getting into the whole ethics surrounding breeding I don't understand how 1. you could let an animal get into that state and 2. think that an animal with obvious issues (probably easily fixed with good diet and clean accommodation) would produce good, healthy babies.

Poor girl.

Back