• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns treat you differently?

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
My OH came in this morning with his hair standing on end - he had just been feeding the aviary bunnies - they are desperately trying to get at each other through the dividing door and usually suceed with him (like a try in rugby :lol:). They don't even bother when I feed them, the don't even 'go there' - one sniff, an 'oh, it's you' and they realise it is useless. Ziggy (different bun) chewed through OH's radio wire and bedside lamp last night - never touched mine (that's gratitude for you - we've just spent a fortune on an operation for him:roll: ).
The point is that they just don't 'mess' with me - they seem to know that resistance is useless....:D

Apollo in particular will only ever come to me. He's a total nightmare for anyone else to handle and very timid even with my other half.

The rest of the buns all think Hubby is a push over where food is concerned so its no surprise they are always all over him. Daft thing is they run over, snatch the food and bound straight back to me before they'll munch it. They are mummy's buns really! :lol::lol:

ours run and hide in their 'safe haven' (little place they have that we never disturb them from) whenever OH approaches their enclosure! they're not afraid of him, but he picks them up too much and they don'tlike it so they run to where they know he won't get them! they run forwards to see me when I walk past, which really winds him up. hehe.

bella loves me and the OH the same, jasper is more a mumma's boy (probably cause i dont man handle him all the time :roll:)

x

I get mobbed by the bunnies when I go to say hello, my mum says she doesn't have that problem. I think it's because they know I usually have treats... :shock:

Beano is boss over everyone and everything including me :lol: but when some one else goes into their shed she will either grunt and go for them or aviod them but will put her ears back and grunt if they get too close :? With me she is a cheeky, bouncy, in your face bunny though!

Gordon will come running up to the door and if I go in he will stay out of their crate and follow me to see what I am doing but if it is anyone else he will run to his crate and watch them from there! :)

Every time one of my friend's boyfriend comes to visit her boy bun carefully deposits a ring of poos around her like - this is MY female, cross the line if yuo dare:lol:
Of course he does dare but then he works in an iron foundry and is built like a bouncer so I guess even the bun realises taking him on wouldn't be worth it!

they know im the in charge bunny mummy, mabel even runs up to me now when i walk in room, and expects head rubs soo cute, and lcoksley he just wants stroing 24/7 i he could :lol:

I remember once when Piglet was still in my room my brother went in with the hamster food and she just charged at him and made him drop everything :lol: She was always off with people she didn't know, he was scared of her after that!

They must know that you're the ringmaster but that Peter is just a big softy ;)

And you are too of course, when you're not telling bunnies (or teenagers) to behave!

Sydnee just dives at anyone when he feels like it and will ignore people if he feels like it, so he treats everyone the same!

Angel will only come up to me and 1 of my brothers. Everyone else she walks away from.

Back