• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxo Vaccinations- Warning- National Vaccination Shortage

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not trying to start a panic, or 'panic buying' however, there are currently no more myxo vaccinations being produced at the moment, which is obviously leading to a shortage. If your vet practice runs out, they won't be able to stock any more in the immediate future.

My vet is unsure why, but says he suspects a contamination issue at the lab end.

So if your rabbit is due within the next couple of months, it might be worth contacting your vet and asking their advice, or maybe seeing you can buy and pay for one prior to needing it.

Last edited:
:shock::shock:

I'm so glad Alfie and Bubbles had their booster last week. I hope production resumes very soon.

Biscuit is due in April, so i'll ask the vet when he calls me about Ginger.

Ginger won't be having hers, so thats fine, but what a worry for other people :(

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be speaking to my vet later today anyway so I'll ask whether they know of any issues and check if they have plenty of stock.

I think I'll mention it on Monday. Get it booked up then too, then I won't forget.

There's only one myxo vacc, the Nobi-Vac one.

They have already run out at our vets practice (probably due to the 15 he had to do for mine recently) so it most likely won't be long until other places run out, and we're coming up to the first myxo 'season' of the year. Its a disaster.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be speaking to my vet later today anyway so I'll ask whether they know of any issues and check if they have plenty of stock.

I've just spoken to my vets (London/Surrey area) and they've contacted their supplier and they said they knew nothing about any problems with the vaccine. It may be a certain supplier, not sure how many there are are in the UK? It could be a regional issue so it may depend on where which part of the UK you're from, so I'd ring your vets and double check if you're concerned. My vets have just received an order of the vaccine so I know that they have a supply of it.

There's only one myxo vacc, the Nobi-Vac one.

They have already run out at our vets practice (probably due to the 15 he had to do for mine recently) so it most likely won't be long until other places run out, and we're coming up to the first myxo 'season' of the year. Its a disaster.

My vets have said they were able to order a packet today? Do they come from different places?

Just called my vets and they said they are not experiencing issues with getting them from their supplier at all.

The vets i attend have no idea of this but are looking into it for me.My lot are due in April.(VHD in June)

Interesting. my vets said its national because they can't get them from anywhere.

Oh well, as long as bunnies can get their myxo vacc. then that's the important thing. One to bear in mind though.

Back