• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily Topples

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Found Lily this week (4 days on the trot) at the back of her carry box (which is the bedroom in the indoor pen), on her back,leaning up against the wall, unable to flip herself over.
How long shes been sat like that I dont know as Ive just got in from work.
Horrible thought.She and BB dont periscope cos of the spinal problems they have.
Other than that, their mobility isnt bad at all.You wouldnt think BB has problems, but one can see Lily does drag a little at times.

I know there are bunnies on here with mobility problems.Just wondered if there were any bunnies who do struggle with this toppling business.:(

Sorry I don't have any advice to give but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does.

Hope your bun feels better soon :)

Our Freddie used to have a few problems like that towards the end of his life. He use Tegan a lot to lean on and we gave him lots of cushions and folded towels so that he had something to push against if he did fall. We used to check on him every hour during the day time to make sure he was Ok and worry all night about him!

Our Freddie used to have a few problems like that towards the end of his life. He use Tegan a lot to lean on and we gave him lots of cushions and folded towels so that he had something to push against if he did fall. We used to check on him every hour during the day time to make sure he was Ok and worry all night about him!

Towards the end of his life??????????????????:shock::shock::shock:
I dont think Lils is at the end of hers....shes so well!!!
This is awful!! I so wish BB would go and lend a paw to his sister when shes stuck.:(
Im hoping its the hay thats making the floor uneven.Im just going to her now.
Thanks for your reply,HT.xx

My Winston can't get up if he falls over due to his age. I just make sure he isn't on a slippery floor, and there aren't any small spaces where he might get stuck and fall over trying to get out.

I had this with Rosie my little nethie.. I made "sausages" (like draught excluders) and put them all around her indoor home so she couldnt get too close to the walls.. Worked a treat as she was able to lean on them and couldnt get stuck!

you can just see them here

rosiesnewbungalow002-1-1.jpg

My Inca does this kinda thing, but on her side, sometimes she will fall over and then struggle for a bit to get back onto her feet. It is a wee shame. She does manage to get back onto her feet, but it takes her a wee bit of wriggling about.

freddy and Tegan couldn't have hay on the floor at all. They were on vet bed with a litter tray of chopped hay :)

Vet bed let me down.She trailed through the tiddle and got filthy, I was worried about her legs.The hay keeps her clean, if not toppled!!:roll:

Thats strange, normally the wee goes through the vet bed and stays locked underneath/ What do you have under it, we have paper and towels and change the whole lot up to twice a day :)

Thats strange, normally the wee goes through the vet bed and stays locked underneath/ What do you have under it, we have paper and towels and change the whole lot up to twice a day :)

Ditto this ^^^ . Towels under vet bed, and washed regularly (every 2-3 days max).

Obv. hay is very good bedding too, but I'd worry about long strands getting wrapped around the legs of a bun with limited mobility (not sure how much mobility she actually has).

Ditto this ^^^ . Towels under vet bed, and washed regularly (every 2-3 days max).

Obv. hay is very good bedding too, but I'd worry about long strands getting wrapped around the legs of a bun with limited mobility (not sure how much mobility she actually has).

We had this problem with Tegan, she nearly lost a leg at one point as the hay was so tightly wrapped round and that was just from her litter tray:( we ended up cutting up her hay with scissors

Back