• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding in Yorkshire

Hi there :wave:

Am looking for bunny boarding over the summer, possibly at Easter too....am based in York and don't want to travel for hours and hours with the buns to take them to a boarders.

Can anyone suggest any boarders within a 40-60 min drive of York please?

I found a few places on the WWW, but hard to tell what they're really like...
eg:
http://www.mypetstop.co.uk/boarding.html
http://www.critter-comforts.co.uk/index.html

Obviously I'll go and see the places before I book anything, but if anyone can make any suggestions, it might help me narrow down my choices before I spend every weekend traveling around to look at them.

(BTW - have already been to http://www.yorksmallanimalboarding.co.uk ....)

Not sure about pet sitters who would come to my home....what do you think?

Any other suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks!!

Debs

PS - they're outdoor buns

Last edited:
Tuckerbunnies have an awesome suite for indoor and outdoor bunnies :wave:

They are near Scotch Corner if thats close to you?

Tuckerbunnies have an awesome suite for indoor and outdoor bunnies :wave:

They are near Scotch Corner if thats close to you?

Hi :wave:

Thanks for the suggestion - I have heard good things about them. They'd be about an hour and a half away from me, if not more, which is really on the extreme of how long I'd want to travel with the buns.
I need a teleporter!

I may PM them though....it's going to be for about two and a half weeks in summer so I really want them somewhere I know they'll be looked after well....would be worth the drive maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion - I have heard good things about them. They'd be about an hour and a half away from me, if not more, which is really on the extreme of how long I'd want to travel with the buns.
I need a teleporter!

I may PM them though....it's going to be for about two and a half weeks in summer so I really want them somewhere I know they'll be looked after well....would be worth the drive maybe.

Tuckerbunnies is worth the travel.. Wouldnt take you hour and half.. Im in Leeds (further away) and it takes us under an hour!

I need a teleporter!

Hi,:wave:

If you want to pm me and give me your email address I can send you photos and info on 'Keegans Kabin' (the boarding shed) and the indoor suites or if you are passing by you are free to call and have a look.

Maysie :D

Definitely worth the drive - ours were there recently (also from Leeds) and I don't think they've ever been so spoiled.

Maysie - you need your own 'testimonials' thread that you could just link people to!

:)

Definitely worth the drive - ours were there recently (also from Leeds) and I don't think they've ever been so spoiled.

Maysie - you need your own 'testimonials' thread that you could just link people to!

:)

Ah Bless you, you were lucky you got them back :lol:

my pet stop is good, they offered to put my 3 in a cat house so they still have an outdoor run.

tucana is also great for boarding, but she is also a small time breeder so depends how you feel about that, her boarding facilities are very good though, as are her own bunnies homes. :)

I visited MyPetStop this week as they are only 10 minutes away from us and we thought we might use them for weekends (But still take them to Maysie for anything longer as you can't beat her setup!). Agree that the 'rabbi cat' facilites are good and very spacious, but I would never use the 'indoor' boarding facilities. I was told that the 'large' (4x2) accommodation fills up quickly in summer and then they offer the 'small' hutches - literally 2 foot cubes. Poor little buns.

Also agree about the cost - £15/day for 2 buns!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - I really appreciate it! :D
Thanks for taking the time to let me know about places you've used and have been pleased with.

We're booked in with Tuckerbunnies for the summer, and when I've got my act together to confirm dates hopefully a few other occasions too. But its useful to have a few places on reserve if Maysie's fully booked.

:wave:

Back