• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do with Honey...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I stayed up til 2am with her, she nibbled bits of hay now and again but that's all. Got up again at 6.15, she was just lying down and still not eating. She's had a wash and a potter about now, but not eating and don't know what to do for the best :? I don't know whether to try and get some metacam down her or some syringe feed, both of which I would have to pick her up for which she hates :( and is it ok to pick her up with her wound? When she struggles (which she will) it might do some damage. I'm off work with her today and tomorrow so can watch her constantly, but I won't have any help holding her. Taking her back to the vets will just stress her again and we'll be back to square one. She's settled back in at least. Any ideas?

Have you tried offering her some fresh food? Herbs, grass, greens?

Don't panic, she should be due some metacam this morning I would think, I would call the vet and see what they say.

I don't think it's time to syringe feed yet but that is just my personal opinion and I know others would disagree.

She's just had 4 yoghurt drops :) so that's good. I'll keep offering her things. She's got grated carrot, spring greens, fenugreek crunches, oat hay, normal pellets and a popcorn stick! Surely something must tempt her?! :?

I've taken my girl Tigerlilly back to the vets this morning as she hasn't pooped or eaten they gave her a pain injection and to to keep her gut working + some of the power food to syringe feed her with. I know how you are feeling I was up at 3am to check on her.

Have you tried offering her some fresh food? Herbs, grass, greens?

Don't panic, she should be due some metacam this morning I would think, I would call the vet and see what they say.

I don't think it's time to syringe feed yet but that is just my personal opinion and I know others would disagree.

I'm with this, completely.

I find that the green, fresh foods are what they want after anything like that. So grass, fresh herbs and safe wild stuff is what mine like. Dandelion leaves are always a hit, unsure how they would feel about dried dandelion leaves in that situation, but after a GA normally they love them.

Munch munch bunnies :) It was basil that tempted Roxy yesterday, she still isn't really interested in her pellets but has been munching veg, herbs and hay.

Mine haven't had many herbs so far, haven't got round to introducing them yet. They didn't like parsley, but had a nibble of coriander last week. I might go and get some basil today, or should I not because she hasnt had it before?? She's generally quite fussy about trying new things.

I found my bun will eat mint and parsley if I leave them in his cage. He won't take them straight away sadly - though Pomme will (even though she is a tad young I sneaked her a few little pieces as she looked left out. :lol)

Perhaps try mint?

Back