• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Shops aren't really that professionall!

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I bought Lucky from a pet shop in greenford and not one BUt 2 workers told me that he was a female.
When i went to the vets to get him spayed, i found out he had to be neutered because he was a boy.
Pet shops shouldn't sell live animals as those are the animals that are going to visit your rescue.

I've heard rabbits when they're younger can be tricky to sex but pet shops should know better I agree!

Especially when they're two workers that told me and they didn't even look confused they were pretty confident!

I always use to ignore the sexing of pet shops with my hamsters and give them gender neutral names. Most of them turned out to be the other gender when they grew up. :lol:

Welcome to the world of pet stores, who want nothing but your money.

They only want your money for there "Stock", most are staffed by the younger genaration. Who are there for the hourly rate and not for the love of the job.

Yes search out a rescue, we do it for the love of the animals. I'm personaly running at at a loss over the last 2 weeks and don't take a wage. We also ask for a donation half of which the pet shops charge.

Back