• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Testicles two different sizes? (post neuter)

Emmz

Alpha Buck
So I noticed now (since his last check at 3pm) that one is bigger than the other. It doesn't look red, raw and the stitches seem fine and it seems very clean. Is he just a bit swollen? He has been a bit too active for his own good but I can't stop him. Yesterday all he did was feel sorry for himself and today he has been quite active though still not eating as much as I'd like so I left him some parsley and mint and I hope to see it gone later. Is checking him twice today (as in holding him up and checking his testicles - he gets food checks more often) been too much for him?

Also when he managed to sneak out his pen when I was putting some hay inside and checking his litter tray he sprayed the carpet. I assume they still spray until their hormones calm down?

How much different in size are they? We had a male bun neutered recently and his one testicle swelled up to at least double the size of a grape. He had fluid building up there. I'd keep your eye on it and if your worried pop him back to the vets tomorrow x

It will take a while for his hormones to calm down, bless him! 4-6 weeks I think.
When Squidgy was neutered he managed to develop swollen testicles, so had to have antibiotics. Just keep an eye on him as you are doing.
It may take him a couple of days to get back to normal on the eating from as well. Squidgy would only eat grass after his anaesthetic. As long as he's eating and drinking, pooping and weeing, he'll be fine. Did the vet give pain meds?
Hope he starts to feel better soon.

@Becky: I'd say it is about 30-40% bigger than the other testicle. My plan was if it's still that different tomorrow I was going to ring the vets and see what they had to say and they'd hopefully provide a solution. Thanks. :wave:

@HS: Yes he had some pain relief that is suppose to last 48 hours. I may try a bit of grass from the garden if the herbs do not entice him. Thanks. :)

Biccy had this post neuter. He had a haemotoma (sp?) in the right testicle. It went down after ~2 weeks after the vet checked and said it was just filled with dried blood from a vessel :wave:

Back