• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale hutch question

pepperpot

Warren Scout
I wondered if anyone had the Ryedale hutch with apex? As I am very short of space it would be no bigger than a 5ft.

Is the apex food space suitable as an 'upstairs' for bunny.....is there enough room to make it his bedroom.....how steep is the staircase?

Many thanks

i dont know the answer sorry :( but i also would love to know about people who have rydale hutchs.. mine is getting old now and i was looking at these hutchs. any comments would be greatful to hear :wave:

If you were to use the apex part as the second level then it would not be suitable. ...if it was a third extra layer then it would be fine as an extra enclosed area.

5ft isn't big enough on its own, so it should be at least double level. The apex hutches are very expensive, for not a lot of extra space. I'd go for the double level hutch. (Is it possible to go for 5ftx3ft double hutch...as opposed to the normal 2ft?) If you call him up then he'll be happy to do a custom built one.:wave:

In an ideal world, yes, the bigger the better, but I'm not only short on space....I'm short on funds too!!!!!!!

I already have a run that would be used with the hutch which would give a lot more room for bunny activity.

In an ideal world, yes, the bigger the better, but I'm not only short on space....I'm short on funds too!!!!!!!

I already have a run that would be used with the hutch which would give a lot more room for bunny activity.

The ryedale hutch will last forever! I'd wait until you have the funds to make it the perfect size....otherwise you'll have spent an obscene amount of money on something that isn't really good enough.

If you only went for a single 5x3ft hutch (Which would almost certainly be cheaper than the apex) it'd give the hutch 15square foot, where a 6x2ft hutch is 12sq. foot, so in fact you're giving more space. :) If possible get the space all on one level, as ramps take up a lot of space out of the living areas.

I think I'd leave it as one level. The hole for the staircase takes up a lot of floor space, so if there's a big run attached I wouldn't bother. :)

Back