• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

From single bun to pair- what to expect

nessar

Warren Veteran
I cant contain my excitement any longer :) and my real-life friends aren't that interested so thought I'd tell you guys :oops::D

I contacted a few rescues (mostly over the weekend) but only heard back from 2 so far so its early days I know and I'm being picky behaviour-wise with the bunny so it may take a while to find somebun.

So what can I expect? The last time I had more than one rabbit it was a huge group and I was fairly young.

Is looking after 2 much harder than one? I dont mind if they are though :)

Will he still want to be friends with me when he has a bunny friend? He's quite a 'needy' bun bless him and constantly wants cuddles and is obviously lonely, despite the fact I'm here most of the day.

Will the new bunny bond with me well if I get them bonded at the rescue before I bring them home?

If I have them bonded for a few days at a rescue, is it likely they will be fine when I get them home? Obviously I will neutralise the area.

Any other advice/ experiences welcome!

(P.S. if you are a rescue that rehomes nationally (or as far as Aberystwyth), and havent yet had a ridiculously long email from Vanessa (thats me!) recently I'd like to hear from you :) )

Last edited:
i dont think having 2 will be musch harder but of course bills will be doubled so it will make a difference to your purse ;)

i dont think having 2 will be musch harder but of course bills will be doubled so it will make a difference to your purse ;)

Yes I have condsidered that, luckily I have a job where I can take on more hours if needed. I have also told Barney that there will be less Orchard Grass (£7 a kg!) and more meadow hay from now on :lol:

It definitely sounds as if your little man wants company,you may find he demands less attention from you [as he will have his own companion :love:] Apart from vets bills and food bills as obviously that will be doubled its not any harder because they will be living in the same accommodation.The new bunny will bond with you [but like any bunny needs time to get to know you and trust you etc].Good luck with the search and bonding and it goes without saying that we will need pics when you find that special bun :love:

Back