• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lol rabbit stealing food from other bunnys mouth? what the heck??

zayna1

Warren Scout
When i feed them treats, or anything other than pellets for that matter, the little one always steals food from big bun while he's chewing! Like if he has a bit of hay in his mouth (hay that i hand fed him, they always have a constant supply but they'll still eat a bit i give them by hand) she will kind of go into a 'panicking for chocolate cake child-you have some and i dont!' state :lol: The thing is, i feed her at the same time. I.e. one treat per hand per bun...she wolfs it down while big bun savors it :) and then while a bit is hanging down or is on the floor while he's eating it she goes in for the attack! Its really funny but i feel bad for him. He never fights back for it bless him :lol: It seems that she always eats all of hers, then she goes and takes his! :S I dont get it, because he's always been the dominant bunny :S

My rabbits both steal food some each other's mouths constantly, it's like a very un-romantic lady and the tramp.

I think it's something all rabbits do. I try to prevent it as much as possible as sometimes it does lead to fights. I try to give the treat a couple seconds later to the one who eats the fastest :?

Back