• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey is no longer hiding but looks really uncomfortable :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Honey has finally come out of hiding, 4.5 hrs after getting home from her spay. She has nibbled a little piece of hay but that's it... And she keeps shifting position, so she must be really sore :( my receipt from the vets says she only had 0.17ml metacam injection, that's the right amount if you follow the instructions for cats bodyweight, but when olly had metacam for his sore ear he was given 1ml per day!!! That's about seven times more, and honey must be a lot more sore than he was. Don't think she'll take any off me though, she's a fussy madam :(

I've no experience of post-spay buns - should she be eating more by this time? If she's in pain I suppose that will put her off eating, bless her. Sending recovery vibes for her. xx

Thank you all for caring! She's eaten some more hay now and had a little potter about, so I feel better :)

That's good. Sounds like she is doing pretty normal right now.

Make sure you give her a heat source to use overnight if she wants to.

Provide her with a bunny buffet if you can and hopefully she will nibble some of that too.

Back