• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jess been admitted now to be with Joe UD P9 - They're coming home :0)

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
Jess has been admitted tonight now to join Joejoe :(

She isn't in full on stasis but her gut sounds are slower than they should be, and she'd hardly eaten today, although she accepted some dried herb meadow mix when i offered her it by hand, and hardly any poops and the ones she had done were tiny and hard.

So she's been admitted with lovesickness and going to be given a couple of metaclopramide jabs and monitored.

The vet felt they would do much better together than apart.

I'd love to have seen their little faces when they saw each other again :love: the vet said they can have a bit of early valentines romance and that Jessies stay would be free as they will be 'sharing a room' lol

It's horrible with no-bun here but if i stop being selfish i know it's best for them to be together and all being well if they both start nomming properly they will be home tomorrow. I really hope they are.

Last edited:
Sending vibes, hopefully being reunited will help them both. Hope they are sion well enough to come home. xx

Thanks :wave: I'm dying to ring the vets but she did say she'd ring me in the morning so better not act stalkerish :oops: I've had a couple of glasses of wine for medicinal purposes to try and help me sleep, but not sure i'll get much :roll: xx

They're coming home tonight!! :D

Apparently Joe was Mr.Cool when he saw jess but when Jess saw him she was beside herself :love: They are now sprawled out together :love: And she said their bellies must be fine as they have got their back legs stretched full out.

They are eating some herbs and while they're not 100% she feels they have done all they can and that the rest is just going to be down to recovering at home (indoors woo-hoo!) Joes still sleepy from his anaesthetic but she's happy with how he's doing, so unless something untoward happens betwen now and tonight we can go and pick them up at 6.30 :D

I missed the happy update this afternoon. Hope they are nicely settled back at home, and you are able to relax a bit. :wave:

Hi :wave: Yes :D I just did another post, but they are home, Jessie is fine but Joejoe is in a major strop with his bunny mummy :roll: and thats before i've got to give him his metacam at 11pm, i think he's going to hate me even more after that :shock:

He's had a little bit of dried herb mix that i hand fed him but they're not interested in their dish of herbs and kale yet or hay - i'm hoping it'll dissapear overnight.

I've to take him back tomorrow afternoon for a checkup so paws crossed he gets nomming and pooping so they don't readmit him.

It's such a huge relief to have them both back :wave:

i can only imagine how lost you've felt with them both away.

everything crossed he eats well and poops loads:)

Nomming and pooping vibes from me too. :wave: If Joe is in the huff he might wait until you disappear for the night to start, although it would be much better if you could go to bed knowing he had done some nomming.

Thanks :wave: Well, he was just starting to come round a bit and nommed some mint and basil, even a fenugreek crunchie! Then he had a drink of water - then i had to give him his meds :shock: Thought it was metacam tonight but it was zantac and metaclopramide, the metacams tomorrow - he did NOT take it well at all, its been a year since had to syringe him meds and lost the knack somewhat :roll: felt awful as he was getting stressed and not entirely sure it all went in but he went mad washing after so hopefully whatever went on his fur got licked up.

So think he hates me even more at the moment :( Think his mouth must still be sore as he starts to eat then stops, it's like he's starving but after a few chews it's too painful.

Jess is beign sooo protective over him too, the minute you go near him she's straight there licking his head, anparticularly his shave ear - she's like 'get away from my man' :love::lol:

I'm going to keep popping down in the night to check on him x

Back