• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaaaaaaargh!!! Thick Splosh Of Dried Rabbit Diarrhea How To Clean!?!!?

zayna1

Warren Scout
Quick question is how to clean thick rabbit diarrhea off of a cat carrier!?!?! More info below :D

I have a cat carrier (that I do use for my cat by the way!!) and I put the top section of his carrier (it comes with a base and a top....as usual) in the playpen for them to hide under or sit on. They like to sit on top of it, and today when I came home, i found a thick dried splosh of bunny diarrhea on it!! :( How the heck do i clean it off? Its dried solid really thick and won't scrape off!! eeeh The worst part is that my dad is taking my cat to get his booster shots tomorrow, and that's the only carrier we have!! I'd feel so guilty not telling him, if it wasn't cleaned properly :( HELP

Oh and by the way, I know which bun did it any why-my brother gave my little bun some lettuce last night and didn't tell me! But she won't be having anymore till shes old enough (shes 10 weeks)

Last edited:
Try getting a knife and scraping it off. Obviously not with buns inside it. After you've done that get a sponge and some warm water and scrub hard. It might be able to soften it.

Try getting a knife and scraping it off. Obviously not with buns inside it. After you've done that get a sponge and some warm water and scrub hard. It might be able to soften it.

This generally works well :thumb:

Also bunnies shouldn't eat some varities of lettuce, I know romaine is ok but iceburg shouldn't be fed :)

(bleccckkh!!) i used the jet stream on the hose, and i stood well back but i ended up having little lumps dried diarrhea flung all over me!! but yeah i disinfected it too... thanks everyone! :D

It's probably not diarrhea but dried cecals (The poo they are meant to eat).

Glad you got it cleaned off :D

glad you sorted it just so you know you shouldnt feed lettuce it kills rabbits is has content that works like opium thet slows their hearts down and kills them ;)

OMG!! omg omg omg why hasn't anyone told me this before?!?! :oops::shock::cry: Oh my....i've been feeding lettuce to monty since i got him!! :( Feel so thick! What fruit/veg can they eat? Are you sure they can't eat lettuce? Because I know a lot of people feed it to their buns!! EEEH!

OMG!! omg omg omg why hasn't anyone told me this before?!?! :oops::shock::cry: Oh my....i've been feeding lettuce to monty since i got him!! :( Feel so thick! What fruit/veg can they eat? Are you sure they can't eat lettuce? Because I know a lot of people feed it to their buns!! EEEH!

they can eat most veg not corn on the cob dont buy the ones you get in shops either they can not digest it and it can cause blockages , dont feed citris fruit mine do love strawberries, banana with the peel pea pods, broccoli cauliflower including the outer leaves, carrots, sprouts,
dont feed too much cabbage it can cause bloat

As far as I know, iceberg lettuce is the variety that's not OK, because of its high water and low fiber content that will cause diarrhea. Other lettuce varieties are OK in moderation - your bunny was too young or had too much of it and it upset her tummy. Is she pooping OK today?

Back