• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you pay for a bonding service?

Most definitely if I didn't feel happy doing it myself, I would want to check the place out first and make sure they would be adequately supervised and looked after of course :)

Thanks guys :wave: and what would you expect from them - would you want to go to their premises and have them supervise for the full 48 hours, or would you prefer them to come to you and start the proceedings?

I'd expect someone to be around the rabbits for at least a day with only toilet/food breaks for them. Which is what I do. So I would honestly pay them. You can't just ask someone to give up a whole day of their lives for free :lol:

I'd expect someone to be around the rabbits for at least a day with only toilet/food breaks for them. Which is what I do. So I would honestly pay them. You can't just ask someone to give up a whole day of their lives for free :lol:

:lol::lol: that's what I'm doing right now

Thanks guys :wave: and what would you expect from them - would you want to go to their premises and have them supervise for the full 48 hours, or would you prefer them to come to you and start the proceedings?

I'd want them to be able to be supervised 24/7 for as long as it takes for the bond to be concreted. At the premise of the rescue. 48hrs isn't a guaranteed amount of time for a bond to be done :wave:

I'd also want them to have suitable quarantine areas etc and clear bonding areas that were thoroughly cleaned etc.

Different people would want different things so potentially the bonder would choose their way, or be flexible, such as offering an at their home and a starter at someone elses house service.

Yes absolutely - given the constraints that Lou has outlined above :)

In the past I have had buns bonded by the rescues they have come from, in which case my preference is to give a decent donation for the rabbit and maybe a bottle of wine or two for the bonder - to show my appreciation to them personally for their commitment/restrictions placed on them/lack of sleep etc over the period of bonding :)

I guess if I already had the buns in question and a rescue was doing it as a favour, I'd give them a donation because presumably they rely on donations from this sort of thing in order to support the rescue. Sometimes where I've helped out on bondings and the owners have wanted to give something to me to say thanks, I've asked them to give a donation to a rescue :) It's often been accompanied by a bottle of wine too, though, so mustn't grumble :lol: And on the question of where/when - I've done both. I bonded my boss' rabbits and they came and stayed here for 2 days before going home with a borrowed dog crate and instructions. But equally I've gone to people's houses and stayed the day there to get it started, and then left them with a borrowed dog crate and instructions :lol:

These days of course I just get Lou to come and help and bribe her with tea, cake and Bill Bailey DVDs ;)

Last edited:
Different people would want different things so potentially the bonder would choose their way, or be flexible, such as offering an at their home and a starter at someone elses house service.

This is a good point, I guess as well that some people would want to be there and some would prefer the rescue to do it all for them :)

I'd want them to be able to be supervised 24/7 for as long as it takes for the bond to be concreted. At the premise of the rescue. 48hrs isn't a guaranteed amount of time for a bond to be done :wave:

I'd also want them to have suitable quarantine areas etc and clear bonding areas that were thoroughly cleaned etc.

Yes, when I was bonding recently I supervised for well over a week (closer to 10 days) all through the night as well.

I tend to offer appropriate separate accommodation as well as appropriate bonding accommodation.

I would also suggest a disclaimer.

Yes, when I was bonding recently I supervised for well over a week (closer to 10 days) all through the night as well.

I tend to offer appropriate separate accommodation as well as appropriate bonding accommodation.

I would also suggest a disclaimer.

Good idea, hadn't thought of that!

I would pay for a big bond ie my two two's into a four. I'd do anything smaller myself. That said Dexter and Lilly hate each other so much I can't see anyone being able to bond them :(

I'd pay you to make that miracle happen :D

I would pay for a big bond ie my two two's into a four. I'd do anything smaller myself. That said Dexter and Lilly hate each other so much I can't see anyone being able to bond them :(

I'd pay you to make that miracle happen :D

:lol: I think I'm a bunny whisperer :shock: they're all just getting on and nomming hay

Back