• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay, I have newlyweds - New bond story

Rykat

Mama Doe
Hi all

Just thought I’d share some really good news :D

You may remember reading about having to have my old boy Harvey neutered due to testicular tumour? He's made a full recovery and back to his old self :Dhttp://http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=258536&highlight=rykat

Sadly just before Christmas we lost Benji who left a his wifebun Opal, and despite her coping extremely well with single life, I didn’t want another single bun.

I wussed out of trying a trio and her and Zander don’t get along which left Harvey who had never lived with another bun.

Because of the age difference (she’s 3 ish, he’s 8.5 ish) I thought it best to rehome a younger one, went to RSPCA and there were quite a few suitable husbuns.

I couldn’t decide so talked it over with OH who suggested I try her and Harvey, so one night when I felt brave I put them both into a carrier and off to the bathroom we went.

Initial introduction was uneventful but I wasn’t able to be with them 24/7 to supervise so separated them until I could. So on 29th January I started the bond properly and, well, the pictures do the talking!

DAY 1
DSC01452.jpg

DAY 2
DSC01478.jpg

DAY 3
DSC01463.jpg

Day 4
DSCF0034.jpg

Yes, I’m worried about the age gap, but it’s lovely seeing her with someone again but especially seeing Harvey interact with another bun. The first few days we had constant bownsing from him with the occasional one from her, but no nipping, no aggression and she just hopped off, and a week on the bownsing is much less and although I havn’t seen them snuggling together, there has been grooming (usually preceeding a bownsing session!).

It’s lovely to see them eat together and both come up for a fuss. His character hasn’t changed at all and he still is a fuss magnet :D :love:

Thanks for reading :D

Thanks both :wave:

I'm hoping it still remains quiet when spring fever kicks in ... the dogs are already starting to get bouncy :lol:

P.S - Thanks guys for replying, thought I'd have more replies but at least I got 2, I'm resisting paranoia :D

Thanks both :wave:

I'm hoping it still remains quiet when spring fever kicks in ... the dogs are already starting to get bouncy :lol:

P.S - Thanks guys for replying, thought I'd have more replies but at least I got 2, I'm resisting paranoia :D

I wouldnt be paranoid I used to post pics of A and E and no one would comment so I started a thread written by Albert asking why no one thought he was pretty :lol:

Back