• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got this freeadd emailed to em this morning :(

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
i have loads of rabbits that are now ready for new life long homes, freeto good homes jst a small donation towards the other buns andpigs,thanks

so why do it???

I would worry about giving my animal away for free or "super cheap" in case someone would just get them as snake food - I doubt they home check. :(

I don't get it either. I suppose I could possibly see there may be some logic to breeding rabbits in order to stop people using pet shops (obviously ensuring genetic history is known, providing large accommodation etc) in order to prevent mass breeding and the passing on of poor advice from pet shops but free to good home ads will just attract the wrong sort of person completely. Why would you want this fate for your animals?

This week on my local Freecycle someone was after an entire male cat so they could breed their female. They really got what for from the other users which was nice to see.

no thats it, but why breed? Theyre only asking for a donation for their other pigs and bunnies? So why breed? Its nonsensical :(:(

they are probably those people that have 1 pair they breed then their babies bred and so on until they just got over run with rabbits so in order to get rid of the quicker are giving them for free....but if they are borthers and sisters all mating there is a possibiliy that they will have problems

no thats it, but why breed? So why breed? Its nonsensical :(:(

Exactly. It just makes no sense. If they were making money out of it or ensuring healthy animals were bred and going to good knowledgeable caring homes I'd be half way to understanding people like this. There are just too many of them on the freeads.

Back