• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it sometimes, no matter how hard you try it isnt enough?

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
Im mostly just upset, and feel Ive wasted my time. A friend decided to get a rabbit last year, a cute little lop boy. After i explained the costs, needing neutering and hutch/food requirements they decided its fine, bought the bunny, left it in a 3ft hutch and altough initially it had lots of playtime, now thats the only place it sees. Its not been neutered, too expensive, not been jabbed, too expensive. This little bun is so cute and so friendly, and its just going to get agressive and unhappy where it is.

Now, I dont have much money, what I do either goes on pets, pet accident fund, or car. My bun is neutered, jabbed and has a lovely hutch and although unconventional run, plenty of space. All my pets get spoilt rotten to the best of my ability, and when I dont know I come here to find out! Then I see things like this, where I have tried so hard to make a happy life for the bun, and its like they dont want to know, its only a bun, and only a fiver from a backyard breeder.

I know, some people just don't want to listen, if they want a bunny they get a bunny and think they know best :roll:

I don't have a bottomless pit of money but the one thing that always comes first is my buns - they get decent food, they're petplanned and get lots of love and attention.

it's so sad about that poor bunny. Do they actually still want it?

I think they want it ish, its something they might pay a bit of attention to again in spring, I havent been back out there to see. I know it hasnt even been mentioned the last few months, and I know theyre off on holiday later this year, so no idea who's looking after it then.

I know that feeling.
Money isnt everything and I can see why some wont vaccinate etc however to keep confined in a cage is another story and freedom costs nothing!

My other half keeps saying "remember the ones you have saved, you cant save them all!" and in a way I although sad thats what I live each day for my 3 beautiful bunsies. We dont have holidays or new cars but we do make sure the buns get what they need even if it does mean we can go without. Whats a holiday to a life!

:( Sounds like he'd be better of being rehomed. Lets hope they contact you for help if thats what they decide to do once they're properly bored of him.

why not offer to look after it for a short while and see if you can improve its life? You could casually say that now ots spring maybe they are thinking of a long weekend away or a holiday and you would be happy to bunsit the bun??? get some hay for it and give it a run - see if they take the hint - or if not perhaps just give you the bun - then you can rehome??

I dont know if I could safely afford to tbh. I made sure they put hay in last time I went, but he didnt have any til I said about it. I wouldnt feel safe unless it was a very secure run at theirs either, theres mink and foxes and wild buns everywhere round here and theyre not scared to come and get a nice pet bun. I could temporarily look after him here for a holiday or something, but I dont know that its safe if he uses my lawn run, and I dont have spare accommodation either so its just the little 3ft one.

Last time my friend visited me they saw the spoilt bun I have, so I dont think they would think about doing anything more. I just want to go and cuddle the little fluffball.

Back