• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleetingly escaped!!

Jenson

Mama Doe
Jenson escaped this morning!! Sorry, need to share my bunny mad moment!
;)
He has a cage with a NIC run attached giving him most of one end of my living room. I think there must of been a fox outside or something because he woke me with intermittant thumps in the early hours so I got up, checked he was ok and went back to bed.
Then this morning he was scuffing around while I was getting ready so I popped my head round the door and couldn't see him. Usually this means he's under his blanket playing hide n'seek or digging into the sheet I use to put over his run when I'm out.
NOPE! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Enter that panic moment. I closed the door so he couldn't get into another room and looked. There he was, hiding behind his cage. Phew, but how was I going to get him out!
Luckily for me he's a boy who loves his food, I lifted the cage lid up and got out some food and he hopped back in.
I've now cable tied everywhere I've clips just to be on the safe side and made sure the sheet is extra neat.

Wish me luck for when I go home that he's still safe and sound! My OH has stuff on after work so he's going to have to wait till I get home! We're looking to bunny proof the room anyway but it's not done yet so I was proper worried.

No idea how he got out though!

Anyone else had one of these moments?

Yep. Involved Biscuit & Ginger deciding that opening the front door was their time to see the big outdoors.

Both came running past me. Fortunately, Biscuit stops at loud noises and so i clapped and shouted his name and he ran back in. Ginger however just went and sat in the middle of the car park opposite :shock:

Boht safe and sound though, but my god. Heart racing!

Yep. Involved Biscuit & Ginger deciding that opening the front door was their time to see the big outdoors.

Both came running past me. Fortunately, Biscuit stops at loud noises and so i clapped and shouted his name and he ran back in. Ginger however just went and sat in the middle of the car park opposite :shock:

Boht safe and sound though, but my god. Heart racing!

Graham, I remember your post at the time. I would of been so freaked out :shock: OMG at Ginger. The though of my little Jenson out like that scares me so much (not that I'm over protective or anything :oops:). I made sure the fire door was shut before I opened my front door when I came home earlier!

Back