• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets just rang, Honeys fine but got little spurs on teeth...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so relieved, Honey's been spayed and she's come round ok :) apparently at the vets they have a patch of dandelions outside, specifically to pick to tempt bunnies to eat! How good is that?! So honey's currently sitting looking at them wondering whether to eat one or not... :) I'm picking her up at 4.30, can't wait to get her home. They said she's got little spurs on her teeth though, so she'll have to eat more hay from now on... I don't have any experience of dental problems, will eating more hay stop her teeth going worse? :?

:wave::D That's a relief! Thats great about the Dandelions, what a good idea!

I'm not sure about the teeth, Joejoes having a dental today, probably as we speak, for the same thing, i'm know the hay definitely helps alot but you hear alot of buns on here regularly needing dentals so I don't know if it doesn't always entirely solve the problem or whether those particular buns just don't eat enough hay for some reason.

Hope Honeys back to her normal self soon, bet you can't wait until 4.30 can you?

So glad she came out ok!

I hated waiting yesterday, so I will send lots of time fly by vibes your way. :wave:

Also my buns eat quite a lot of hay and the vet recently checked my boy's teeth. I was told they all looked good though one looked like it will need keeping an eye on in a couple months time and I should go back for a check up. I think him eating lots of hay has been a benefit to his teeth though as all the others she said were perfect.

He will always gobble up meadow hay like it's going out of stock. He isn't keen on timothy hay though as I noticed it makes his eyes water I'd imagine that was why.

Back