• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun that doesn't like veggies?

Deeds14

Young Bun
I have just got two new young buns, and one of them will eat any veg I try to feed them, but the other one doesn't seem to be interested in anything. I have tried dandelion leaves, parsley, celery leaves, broccoli stems and some other bits but he doesn't seem interested. Is fresh veg a really vial part of his diet and should I keep trying? He loves apple but I don't want to give him that too often as it is a treat food.

I would keep trying I am sure your new bun will eventualy find somthing they like apart from apple.
Also how much pellets are you given them could he/she be filling up on them?

I give my two green beans and pepper as a treat have you tried them?

I haven't tried those yet, to bon honest I'm not exactly sure what is safe and what isn't, there is quite a Bit of conflicting information online, and I don't want to overwhelm their digestive systems too fast. They get half a cup of pellets each a day, and unlimited hay, and he seems very interested in food so I don't think he is filling up. If peppers are safe I might try them because they are quite sweet. Are these just as good for them though despite the sweetness?

we got them on the weekend and they said they were four months but I suspect they may be a few weeks older...

My bunny won't most veg either. He'll only eat brocolli, carrot and cabbage :roll:
I'm home growing some rocket to try him with, might be an idea to grow a few herbs at home coz he would pick at them

We got them from the adoption centre in pets at home, I dont think they were given much in the way of veg there, maybe he won't eat them because he doesn't know what they are and needs time to sniff/poke/nose around? Lol usually the other boy has eaten them by then...

Back