• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbiting on mag arrived

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
bit disappointed with it this time though, and ive waited soo long for a bunny mag to arrive, i want something interesting to read

Why's it disappointing? Don't have it myself, was going to sign up to the RWU until I read a few comments on here how they don't discourage breeding.

Why's it disappointing? Don't have it myself, was going to sign up to the RWU until I read a few comments on here how they don't discourage breeding.

Personally I still think it's a charity worth supporting.

Personally I still think it's a charity worth supporting.

I would rather 'subscribe' to make mine chocolate but they arent at that stage yet. I wont be renewing my subscription, thats for sure, not after they were disdained at me for rescuing Pi, saying I should have spoke to staff first, when I already had :roll:

I've only had the chance to flick through it but there was a good update on their campaign against small hutches. Honestly, I don't see the difference between MMC working with pet shops to encourage them to stop selling easter rabbits and the RWA working with pet shop to encourage them to stop selling small hutches. Both are equally great ideas and tackle some of the same welfare issues from different angles. I'll be supporting both, it's not like they are competing :roll:

Both are equally great ideas and tackle some of the same welfare issues from different angles. I'll be supporting both, it's not like they are competing

I totally agree.

I always thought that the RWA was an educational organisation rather than a "rescue" organisation as such.

Their aims are to educate all people in the welfare and care of rabbits to try to tackle things at the very beginning, rather than picking up the pieces like rescues have to. If everyone was well educated to the needs of bunnies then hopefully the rescues would not have such a difiicult job so in that respect the RWA and rescue organisations compliment each other.

I haven't got a problem with them working with places such as P@H and at shows. This is where the education is really needed, there is little point preaching to the converted they need to hit places where the most education is required :D

I've only had the chance to flick through it but there was a good update on their campaign against small hutches. Honestly, I don't see the difference between MMC working with pet shops to encourage them to stop selling easter rabbits and the RWA working with pet shop to encourage them to stop selling small hutches. Both are equally great ideas and tackle some of the same welfare issues from different angles. I'll be supporting both, it's not like they are competing :roll:

Very true, can't argue with that :)

I haven't got a problem with them working with places such as P@H and at shows. This is where the education is really needed, there is little point preaching to the converted they need to hit places where the most education is required :D

Exactly :thumb:

back to the magazine topic :lol:

ive had a chance to read it much better now, i think the article on getting rabbit who won't eat hay to try and encourage them too is good, not as disappointing as when i just first glanced at it :oops: :lol:

lots of cute bunny pics again, not sure if any of them are RU bunnies though

got some free stickers to use on sending post etc saying 'a hutch is not enough'

I'm not long in, so just had a quick glance. Like Lisa a bit disappointed, but I haven't read any of the articles properly. Being a bit disappointed wouldn't in itself stop me from renewing my subscription.

If it's the topics try dropping them an email with ideas of what you'd like to see, must be hard to keep coming up with new ideas :D

Got my copy this morning and there is a good article on the anatomy and common diseases on the rabbit's eye and a good one on Urolithiasis (stones or sludge) by Claire King :)

Back