• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do your guys drink?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I change my guys water once a day, but I notice between the two diddlies of them, they usually get through half a bowl between them in the 24 hours.

Do you notice how much your guys drink?

Im expecting they will drink more in the summer too, so Im either going to need a bigger bowl or just another one :roll::lol:

Lola and Max about 2 bowls through a period of 24 hours. Mimah and Roger not even a full bowl over 24 hours..but they drink. :?

bowl?? do you not use bottles?? bella goes through about half a bottle a day and jasper just a little bit less x

:oops: i just thought i was doing something massively wrong tis all hun, bella knocksher food bowl over all the time so i dread to think what she would do with a water bowl :roll: x

I use a bottle :wave:
Funny you should ask this as I am slightly concerned about Pie's water intake. She goes through 350mls-500mls in a 24hr period - and she's only a Mini Lop! :( :shock: Starting to think this isn't normal. :?

:oops: i just thought i was doing something massively wrong tis all hun, bella knocksher food bowl over all the time so i dread to think what she would do with a water bowl :roll: x

My buns have both ..but they never opt for bottle. :roll:

It's funny when Jemimah and Roger drink out of the bowl and I see them..they get their beards wet!:lol:

oh no, none of my bunnies drink that much, but could be the greens and celery. About a quarter of a bottle of the largest bottle size available. Maybe that would be a whole small bottle though. Thats for 2 big bunnies.

snowball drinks about a quarter to half of a bottle each day

pie - is she an indoor or outdoor bunny? just thinking that if you have her inside and it is really warm, maybe that could be a factor? or if the veg you give her isn't "wet" veg. just spitballing ideas lol

Does she eat lots and lots of hay Pie?

My guys used to have a water bottle and a bowl, but I gave up on the bottle.... it just used to leak!!

Its a ceramic bowl so they cant knock it over.... their food bowl, used for dried leaves etc, is metal though, and they love throwing that one around!!

snowball drinks about a quarter to half of a bottle each day

pie - is she an indoor or outdoor bunny? just thinking that if you have her inside and it is really warm, maybe that could be a factor? or if the veg you give her isn't "wet" veg. just spitballing ideas lol

She is a house bun. It is fairly warm (for a bun) I suppose yes. Give her freshly washed veggies everyday, although thinking about it I havent been able to do that in afew days due to lack of funds. Going to greengrocers tomorrow though.

my two big groups go through a full bottle every day :shock: & the pairs drink maybe half the bottle each day, I have the giant bottle

Charlie and delilah can easily get through two bowls of water in 24 hours even more when its hot.
Lola and Dougal barely have 100mls of water each day Lola's water bowl always seems full :roll:

Kira will drink nearly a full one of these every day, Toby about half, Benji and Lilou will drink a full one between them when its dry, but hardly anything when its raining- I think they drink the rain water as they have 24hr access to the yard. I'm a bit worried about Jeremy's drinking. One of those bottles holds 350ml, Jeremy's bowl holds about 100ml.

From what people have said I think most buns drink around the 200ml mark but I dont know if thats the right amount or not. Kira definately drinks a lot more than that.

At the moment, neither pair get through more than 1 bowl in 24hrs, but in the summer my outdoor pair get through small 2-3 dog bowls a day! :shock:

Before neutering, Barney got through around 800ml a day plus a bowl or two of water. Then he stopped drinking after neutering and since then hes only been having about 3/4 a bowl a day.

This time last year we went to the vets cos my lops were getting through about 2 litres a day between them. :shock: They weren't having veg at the time, just hay and pellets, pretty sure this was the cause. This year we're at a more demure 500ml a day approximately. Their bowl holds about a litre and I fill it every other day (it's not near hay so doesn't need cleaning out each day).

My lionheads go through less, more like 250ml between them a day.

I use coop cups Because they have the benefits of drinking from a bowl but it's raised up from the ground and bolted onto the cage to stop them knocking it over. My pair get through most of a large one in 24 hours.

Mine drink almost full ceramic bowl between them in 24 hours. Less when I put them out on the grass. I guess most of their time they spend eating hay so no wonder they are thirsty.

Back