• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I really need some advice( fighting buns)

karen354

Warren Veteran
I did start a thread on Saturday but not my replys so thought I'd try again :). I got home on Saturday after having 3 days away to find Fudge and Thomas fighting. I was so shocked as they are best of friends and have never shown any aggression to each other or any other bun :? I have a bonded 4, the other 2 buns are girls. When we were away the weather was dreadful very high wind s, the garden was in a right state when we got home with fence panels blown down. I've seperated the buns not ideal as 2 are in the shed and 2 in the enclousure with a open hutch as a shelter. Do you think the wind has totally freaked them out? Took fudge an Thomas for a vet check this evening and no sign of illness . Would it be possible to try and rebond?

Oh no :(
Well Ive seen alot on here recently tgat buns are abit scrappy and humpy, and apparantly spring fever is setting in early :shock: As its your 2 boys fighting Id say this is even more likely, although I totally agree that the wind could have freaked them out too.
Have you tried putting them back together since seperating? How did they react?
Sorry Im not much help, but sending loads of rebonding vibes :wave:

:wave: I think that was a keyboard slip up, the word is 'that'.
The g and h are next to each other on a keyboard so I presume that's what's happened. I do it all the time with i and o :roll:

Gemmapookie; said:
Oh no :(
Well Ive seen alot on here recently tgat buns are abit scrappy and humpy, and apparantly spring fever is setting in early :shock: As its your 2 boys fighting Id say this is even more likely, although I totally agree that the wind could have freaked them out too.
Have you tried putting them back together since seperating? How did they react?
Sorry Im not much help, but sending loads of rebonding vibes :wave:

I put them in a run together and they turned very nasty to each other. They are digging like mad aswell , they are not diggers usually.

:wave: I think that was a keyboard slip up, the word is 'that'.
The g and h are next to each other on a keyboard so I presume that's what's happened. I do it all the time with i and o :roll:
Oh god I feel REALLY embarrassed about that!:oops::oops::oops: Thanx anyway!!!

I put them in a run together and they turned very nasty to each other. They are digging like mad aswell , they are not diggers usually.

Have your tried all 4 together again or maybe your original trio to see if it makes any difference. So sorry you are going through this. Don't know what else to suggest.

Have your tried all 4 together again or maybe your original trio to see if it makes any difference. So sorry you are going through this. Don't know what else to suggest.

Yes tried the all 4 together and Fudge and Thomas still are going for each other, and also tried the 2 boys together and also tried taking Sally out and still they have gone for each other.
When I got home Saturday it was Fudge going for Thomas, now it Thomas that is starting it almost like he's protecting himself.

Back