• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Intercepted a dental buns euthanasia. Now what do I do!!!?

Tonight I have a dental (front teeth) bun coming in that was due for euthanasia. We are absolutely full to bursting and have had so many poor buns being rung through in the past few weeks that I have lost count.:cry: I am heart broken that this bunny already has an established bond with a mini lop and I have offered to take him as well but they have refused.

Sadly when I explained that I never break established bonds I was asked if they could take in one of our female single buns instead!:evil: (ultimately swapping). I don't want to jeopardise the female coming here but do people think that we would hand over a bun to someone that was about to euthanase a bunny of their own and split up an established bond???!!!!:evil:. So ultimately she failed our home check before we even checked out her home!! I suggested incisor removal but they didn't want to spend any more money on the bunny at all.:cry:

Does anyone have space for a lonely little nethie dental girl?. She is an outdoor bun but I feel so sorry for her that I am going to bring her in the sitting room tonight and she can help me wallpaper:lol:. I just want to find another friend for this little lady ASAP . I know I should be quarantining her in a hutch by the back door which I have already made up for her but I just feel awful for this poor little girl.

Some people!!:roll::roll: Why does rescuing animals always have to be difficult and why do I have to deal with humans so bloomin much??

Oh my GOD I am just appalled at these people's attitude. Do they think that animals have no feelings? How is this minilop going to feel when his bonded friend doesn't come home? It just makes me so sad. Idiots.

Thank you for taking her in, although I know it's not the best situation.

I wish I could help but shouldn't take on anymore, but will happily donate when I get my next paycheque.

Just love people sometimes

A close friend told me the other day how ridiculous she thought her aunt was for spending £50 on their very sick guinea pig :roll: :censored:. Not sure what her "limit" would be in spending on her own guinea pigs, but I guess she'd just ask for euthanasia.....

How old is she and is she neutered?

2 years, am told that she is spayed. Not vaccinated but I'll sort that. Litter trained..............and soon to be very lonely.:cry:

I want to find her a friend and I think she'd probably fit in with my other 2 dental nethies but they are very close and shadow each other. I'm not sure whether 3 would be a crowd in their world.:roll:

Pity your so far away...I have a little toothless male nethie...he is really small though and has a deformed spine so sourcing a friend for him is very difficult.

Well done for taking her in though.
:wave:
Lxx

2 years, am told that she is spayed. Not vaccinated but I'll sort that. Litter trained..............and soon to be very lonely.:cry:

I want to find her a friend and I think she'd probably fit in with my other 2 dental nethies but they are very close and shadow each other. I'm not sure whether 3 would be a crowd in their world.:roll:

I am confused, are you looking for a space for her or are you keeping her?

I am confused, are you looking for a space for her or are you keeping her?

Sorry, just banged away on the keyboard with little thought over whether I made any sense at all.:oops::oops:

I am looking for a permanent home for her as soon as possible with someone willing to take on a dental bun otherwise I will keep her and ultimately try and bond her into our group of resident buns.

Our problem is that a third of our buns have now become permanent residents and that means that we simply can't rescue and rehome as many buns.

It is a very sad state of affairs and last week we had a meeting with a director at Pets at Home about the situation as it has gotten progressively worse over the past few months. It is difficult to find a middle ground with a multi million pound company that sells rabbits and now has 5 stores in Nottingham and a charity that looses money on every single bun it takes in tho.:roll:

I digress.

Some people are lovely:? I have 4 gummy bunnies now, they've all adapted and manage fine with their food 3 eat hay by the bale and the only difference is I chop their fresh food up into smaller pieces.

Any photos Beth:oops:

Some people are lovely:? I have 4 gummy bunnies now, they've all adapted and manage fine with their food 3 eat hay by the bale and the only difference is I chop their fresh food up into smaller pieces.

Any photos Beth:oops:

Your name popped into my head as soon as I saw this thread Sue :lol:

She has just arrived and she is gorgeous!!!!:love::love: Someone on here will love her I am sure.;);)

I can confirm with the vets whether or not she has been spayed.

I have seen this bunny before I know I have. If I remember rightly she was living with another doe (unrelated) and the lady bought them down in a box and said they were fighting. I suggested getting them spayed and giving her advice on bonding. I am sure it is the same bunny.

The bunny looks like Primrose, now Mistykins that belongs to Kipper on the forum. I used her (the bunny, not Kipper) as a surrogate mummy and she was an absolute gem.

Right, going to get the camera as I feel all hormonal.

Is she dental for her molars too or is it just work on her front teeth that's needed?

Poor little bunny. What I think of people like that I would not be allowed to say on here but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Hearing this makes me so sad.

It is wonderful people like you that make a difference to the world and all the lovely people here on RU.

I am sure the bunny will have a better life with someone who really cares but such a shame she was split up from her partner.

We have a sanctuary space here which is currently promised to an unhomeable bun or pair from the big PACT Horseford rescue, but I haven't heard anything from them as yet.

I wonder if this little one has her incisors removed, she'd be able to be rehomed as a normal bun rather than special needs?

She is so spritely that I do not know how anyone would even contemplate putting her to sleep. I would move heaven and earth before doing such a thing I really would. I looked at her teeth which I have been told were done 2 weeks ago and they certainly aren't as bad as some I have seen.

She is adorable, I love her already and can't believe she would of been dead by now.

Why are sentient beings so disposable?:cry:

Here she is:
Lola3.jpg

Lola.jpg

Lola2.jpg

Back