PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please, I've sold a hutch

Becki xX
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
How do I get myself in these predicaments :oops: :lol:

Basically I replaced a hutch a few weeks ago so rather than break it up, I stuck it on Ebay. Its only eighteen months old & cost a lot of money - though it has a leak in one of the slats of the tongue & groove which needs repairing. It sold for 20 which is an absolute bargain, its such heavy duty and 6 1/2ft x 3ft. Lovely hutch.

Now Im panicing that the person whos bought it isn't going to repair the leak & that the rabbit in question will get wet & live in a horrid damp hutch all its life :oops: Is there any animal safe sealent I can buy to paint it with to stop it leaking? To be fair, it does only leak when the weathers been really bad - but still :(

What would you do!?

elis-mum
08-02-2011, 04:16 PM
i'd either get some plastic wood or sealant and seal it from the outside.. most people would have a waterproof cover on it in bad weather anyway.. wouldn't they??:?

Becki xX
08-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I dont know tbh. I forgot to add - it was actually advertised as needing repair, so I havent ripped them off or anything! :wave:

Colyflower
08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure I'm afraid as my rabbits are indoors but here's a couple of things that come to mind. There may be some water based wood fillers that might be ok to use but you will probably have to do a thorough search and call a few people up to double check that it's definitely animal safe or you could use a small piece of roofing felt and attach it over the crack? Maybe someone with more experience of wooden hutches may be able help.

Stator
08-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Can't you just stick some shed felt over the roof? That should keep it out.