• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please, I've sold a hutch

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
How do I get myself in these predicaments :oops: :lol:

Basically I replaced a hutch a few weeks ago so rather than break it up, I stuck it on Ebay. Its only eighteen months old & cost a lot of money - though it has a leak in one of the slats of the tongue & groove which needs repairing. It sold for £20 which is an absolute bargain, its such heavy duty and 6 1/2ft x 3ft. Lovely hutch.

Now Im panicing that the person whos bought it isn't going to repair the leak & that the rabbit in question will get wet & live in a horrid damp hutch all its life :oops: Is there any animal safe sealent I can buy to paint it with to stop it leaking? To be fair, it does only leak when the weathers been really bad - but still :(

What would you do!?

i'd either get some plastic wood or sealant and seal it from the outside.. most people would have a waterproof cover on it in bad weather anyway.. wouldn't they??:?

I dont know tbh. I forgot to add - it was actually advertised as needing repair, so I havent ripped them off or anything! :wave:

I'm not sure I'm afraid as my rabbits are indoors but here's a couple of things that come to mind. There may be some water based wood fillers that might be ok to use but you will probably have to do a thorough search and call a few people up to double check that it's definitely animal safe or you could use a small piece of roofing felt and attach it over the crack? Maybe someone with more experience of wooden hutches may be able help.

Back