• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

burgess excel...

lucy24

Mama Doe
i might be getting a small rabbit soon and was just wondering whether to use normal burgess excel adult food or the one for babies and dwarfs? does it make a difference? also out of burgess and waggs which is better?

I use Excel and have had no problems whatsoever. Oscar is on the junior and dwarf, but he is a Netherland dwarf. What breed will your rabbit be do you know?

I feed excel and have never had any problems :? My buns love it and go crazy at food time :lol: Also SS is quite expensive and I find it hard to get hold of anyway. I'm not sure what you'd feed him but just wanted to say Burgess is a great food. :D

A few years back Excell was known to cause sticky bums in many rabbits
However Burgess changed it..and since then I haven't known many people have problems..it is certainly better than it was

I have a 2 yr old mini lop and feed her the Burgess Excel adult (she does need to put abit of weight on though). But she has a history of bad Stasis & tummy problems but has no problems with Burgess.

Thinking about trying Science Selective but I guess why fix something that isn't broken so may just stick with Burgess. Besides she goes mad for it! :love:

I use excell, mine won't touch ss :? Plus only one place near me does it.

Nne of mine have ever had mucky bums on it.

Iv'e got a little minilop and 4 dutch, all my rabbits are between 4months - just under 2years.

Back