• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wait is killing me!

Emmz

Alpha Buck
I have to wait until 5:15pm before I can pick up Terry from his neutering. The idea of him inside his carrier since this morning at 9am has me feeling all wound up. Unless after surgery he was put into a temporary pen? I am not sure - all I know is he took the surgery well and that was around midday.

I just want him home. :(

I believe most buns are kept in a 'hospital cage' which is a small cage with food/water for them to recover in. They are really groggy after a GA, so they dont tend to hop around much or move that much at all in general.

Bucks get over it fairly quick as its not an invasive op.

I'm sure your little man is fine :wave:

Look forward to having him home and having his favourite treats available :)

I'm sure he will have been put in a proper pen as they need to monitor them which they can't really do in a carrier. I know the ones at my vets are a good size.

He will be a bit dozy for a while, and I remember Joejoe woudln't touch any veg, buggets or hay for a couple of days - only fresh herbs, so make sure you have a good selection of tempting foods in stock as the most important thing is to get them eating again.

he is also likely to feel cold so make sure he is somewhere nice and warm too.

it's horrible when they are in the vets and you are just waiting isn't it, i'm sure you and him will be delighted once he is home ;)

He loves carrot, so I will go out now and get some I think along with some herbs and maybe spinach. I haven't given him loads of different veg/greens/etc. yet as I read that under 6 months you shouldn't give them too much as it can cause issues with their poos? Or have I been too cautious?

He loves carrot, so I will go out now and get some I think along with some herbs and maybe spinach. I haven't given him loads of different veg/greens/etc. yet as I read that under 6 months you shouldn't give them too much as it can cause issues with their poos? Or have I been too cautious?

from 12 weeks onwards you can introduce veg slowly :wave:

If he has a favourite, get some of that. But not too much :wave:

Thanks Graham :)

He's a bit of a pig but best to make sure he has tempting food just in case. Also, will he be able to still use his litter tray as normal? I read some people take the hay out for a week or so and put it next to the tray - is this a good idea?

I need to go and clean his cage out ready so I can monitor his progress when he gets home. Will give me something to do. :wave:

Thanks Graham :)

He's a bit of a pig but best to make sure he has tempting food just in case. Also, will he be able to still use his litter tray as normal? I read some people take the hay out for a week or so and put it next to the tray - is this a good idea?

I need to go and clean his cage out ready so I can monitor his progress when he gets home. Will give me something to do. :wave:

I didnt take Biccys tray out :wave:

I can see why some people would say that, however.

Depends how litter trained he is i guess?

I mean just take the hay out to save him hopping in to reach it. He always pees and poos in his tray minus those softer poos that he just lays wherever he likes. :lol:

I mean just take the hay out to save him hopping in to reach it. He always pees and poos in his tray minus those softer poos that he just lays wherever he likes. :lol:

Most bunnies prefer to eat hay and poop at the same time, so i'd guess that would be a bit backwards :wave:

Back