• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting to Panic about Honey's spay on wed :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
It's the day after tomorrow and I'm mega stressed already, it's all I can think about :( honey hates going in the car, it terrifies her, and I hate her being so scared :( I know she'll be frightened to death at the vets all alone, she definitely won't eat while she's there, and when she comes home it's going to take forever for her to settle :( even after a 10 minute vet visit she hides for 3 hours and won't eat for those 3 hours. Also she's only recently started to trust us and settles down to be stroked, Im worried that I'll lose her trust by shutting her in the carrier and taking her to the vets where she's going to be hurt! :( I'm dreading the whole thing.

Sending vibes for both you and Honey. :wave: It sounds very stressful, but as I'm sure you know the risks of not having girl bunnies spayed are considerable. I know I'll be nervous when I get Spenser neutered, and it isn't as big an op for boys. Maybe she'll be so pleased to get home and be in familiar surroundings that the damage to trust you fear won't happen.

I have this exact same fear today for my bun who is being neutered and is currently alone at the vets.. I'll keep your bunny in my thoughts too x :wave:

Just keep thinking that in the long run, you are doing a good thing for your bunny. :D

My little bun Orla soon forgave me after her spay when I gave her a small piece of banana! :lol:

Thinking of you & your bun today! :love:

I have this exact same fear today for my bun who is being neutered and is currently alone at the vets.. I'll keep your bunny in my thoughts too x :wave:

Aww thank you :wave: I'll be thinking of your bun too! Let me know how she gets on x

Thanks but it's my boy who is being neutered :lol: - I will have the same worry around June for my little girl though. Terry's still at the vets and time feels like it has really slowed down whilst I am waiting for a call back. I know with boy buns it is less serious of an op but I still worry.

Keep us updated about Honey tomorrow - I am sure she'll be ok! :)
You can also be proud that you're giving your bun the best chance at life considering the cancer statistics of none spayed buns.

Back