• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

holiday dilema x

shell1805

Mama Doe
how inconvinient is this, my mum (aka bunny boarder) is going on holiday the same week as me :roll: the cheek of it!!! ;)

however on a serious note im in a dilema with this. my OH asked his parents to have them, which i thought would be fine. however his mum then went on to say ' one thing, the buns will of course have there own room and the dogs wont be allowed in there but when we went camping last the dogs caught a wild rabbit and killed it' :shock::cry:

now she has promised that the buns will be kept in the spare room with the door closed etc but im now panicing incase something goes wrong. my OH has said that his mum wouldn't let anything happen but what if it does. im now in such a hard position as i dont want to offend anyone or give them the impression that i dont trust them.

what do i do??

x

You could just find somewhere else, like a bunny hotel and say that you didn't want to put your OH's mum to any trouble....

Are you able to pay for a service? I'm having a pet sitter come to the house twice a day when we are away. It's quite reasonable for what i've asked of her and you could then use the excuse that the buns will be in familiar territory, wont have to travel and you wont need to bother family etc???

see i thought of both those options and money is not a problem, its the act my OH doesnt see why i am worried and wants the buns to go there. its like he sees it as an insult against his mum if they dont go there. i even said well why cant she pop in here every day and i then got told 'that would put her out' and considering every time they go away we look after their chickens and have to go to their house every morning and night i didnt think it was asking too much in return :roll:

When is it that you are going away? I'll have a flat in Kingston until June ish time, so can always pop in/live in for the time if he is more comfortable with them staying in their own environment. :)

I know how stressfull it is. Granted since having my group I have never had a holiday, but I often wonder if I ever did want to go away, who could look after/accomodate my 5 :oops:

see its not really about the buns anymore i think, more the princible that i dont want them going to his parents. he thinks i dont trust them which ok might be partly true but i dont trust many people with my buns. my mum has a strict list she has to follow and i call her every night :oops:

we're right on the border of kingston too x

Ahh I see.
If you manage to get him to see your reasoning and he agrees, you are more than welcome to email me :)

stubborn is an understatement, and i know how his mum will react too :(
at the end of the day they are my buns, i'd take them with me if i could :oops: x

I would be very worried, one mistake with dogs could be tragic.:(
I would care more about ensuring the safety of my buns than upsetting some one.
They will get over it.

Perhaps you should sit him down and explain how precious your buns are and that you would just worry the whole time you were away about the dogs and buns. Say its not that you don't trust his mum, but you would never forgive yourself if anything accidentally happended. I am sure his mum would understand. He is just been overly sensitive towards his family. Of course you trust them, but accidents do happen.

He is being silly really, you probably will need to be gentle with him though as men can be fairly childish and protective of their mothers. :roll:

Good luck

and my buns are used to dogs, they wouldnt know if one was trying to hurt them as they are too trusting:

086.jpg

case in point :shock:

x

Perhaps you should sit him down and explain how precious your buns are and that you would just worry the whole time you were away about the dogs and buns. Say its not that you don't trust his mum, but you would never forgive yourself if anything accidentally happended. I am sure his mum would understand. He is just been overly sensitive towards his family. Of course you trust them, but accidents do happen.

He is being silly really, you probably will need to be gentle with him though as men can be fairly childish and protective of their mothers. :roll:

Good luck

a mumma's boy is an understatement :roll:
either way i dont win :(

a mumma's boy is an understatement :roll:
either way i dont win :(

Ok..... what about another angle.... find someone who will look after them, lie if you have to.... but tell him that they want to look after the bun to have a trial run before their rescue bun is ready, as they have not had buns before. That way noone will get hurt feelings and your're off the hook.:lol:

Ok..... what about another angle.... find someone who will look after them, lie if you have to.... but tell him that they want to look after the bun to have a trial run before their rescue bun is ready, as they have not had buns before. That way noone will get hurt feelings and your're off the hook.:lol:

you my friend is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Back