• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

blood or not blood. (seriously hope it isnt)

shadow05

Mama Doe
when i got in i went to check on scooter like normal. he seemed his usual happy self and from what my mom said this afternon he was chasing a box around his pen dont know why but wat ever amuses him im not going to judge :lol:.

anyways i looked down at the quilt and i noticed a patch of brown color doesnt look exactly like a poo stain and not sure if its blood. ive tried looking myself at his bits which i wouldbnt normally do and he let me see a bit more than he normally would do but not enought so i chased him around a couple of times like usual to see if i could get a better look and gave up after the 7th try cause i didnt wanna hurt him or make him stressed.

as far as i can tell the skin has swonen together after his neauter but im not sure if i saw it right cause it looked like there was some dried blood there on one of his bits so im at a loss of wat to do i would rather not take him to the vets at this time of night. he seems alright and alert and as always annoying me like normal but thats something i cant cure so ill have to get over it :lol:

im going to keep a close eye on him and check him in the morning before collage and if i see any blood im going to take him to vets.:D i just hope he hasnt dont to much damage the stichs were healing really well :(

just wanted to add plz do not take offence to any of this. i dont know if there is anything offensive or not. and i assure tht the rabbit is okay and was not harmed in the handling although i do hope i never have to do it again. i dont like handling him against his will :(. wish there was a different way.

Last edited:
Could be wee? Rabbits can have reddish coloured wee depending on what they've eaten. Pipkin has had it before and I got quite worried the first time! :shock:

Could be wee? Rabbits can have reddish coloured wee depending on what they've eaten. Pipkin has had it before and I got quite worried the first time! :shock:

the size of the blood patch on the floor is around about the size of a grape.

Hi my bun scared me like that once. It was just after Tia had been spayed I was putting her to bed and noticed what I thought was blood in the litter tray. It was 11.30 in the evening and I thought I would need an emergency vet appointment but then I remember ed I had given her an apple branch to nomm on and it had turned her wee a rusty colour.

If my rabbits eat carrot their wee turns a reddish-orange colour! So perhaps it might be that if he has been eating carrot :)

exactly this. Thats why B&G only get it once or twice a week tops, and i can even tell that day they've had carrot. :wave:

Perhaps may sound like a random question, but do you feed him a lot of carrot?

he has carrot more than anything else. but the last time he had any was saturday.

normally i get some veg and it will last about a week and then hell go a couple of weeks without it and then back on.

If my rabbits eat carrot their wee turns a reddish-orange colour! So perhaps it might be that if he has been eating carrot :)

his wee is a different colour but ive only just realised i noticed it before but wasnt that all sure wat to make of it.

he has carrot more than anything else. but the last time he had any was saturday.

normally i get some veg and it will last about a week and then hell go a couple of weeks without it and then back on.

Cut down on the carrot. If possible, cut it out all together for a while. its very sugarly and contains a massive amount of colouring that can 'stain' for want of a better word the urine.

Stick to green stuff, herbs etc and see how things go :)

Cut down on the carrot. If possible, cut it out all together for a while. its very sugarly and contains a massive amount of colouring that can 'stain' for want of a better word the urine.

Stick to green stuff, herbs etc and see how things go :)

okay ill stick to brocilli cause its one of his favourites. he always snatchs it from my hands and runs off with it :D.

is there anything else in the way of greens that people can think of that rabbits seem to really like.

Mine love spring greens, you get them from the supermarket, under £1 for a bag. They also love brussel sprouts! They are the only ones in the house who go mad for them :lol::lol:

okay ill stick to brocilli cause its one of his favourites. he always snatchs it from my hands and runs off with it :D.

is there anything else in the way of greens that people can think of that rabbits seem to really like.

Yes. Dozens of things.

Try this; http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/safefoods.htm

Try green things from this list.

but new things slowly. one item at a time and leave for a couple of days to see if any adverse reactions occur (sticky bum, excess caecotrophs etc).

:wave: Herbs are a fairly safe bet. Parsley, Coriander, Mint, etc.

Yes. Dozens of things.

Try this; http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/safefoods.htm

Try green things from this list.

but new things slowly. one item at a time and leave for a couple of days to see if any adverse reactions occur (sticky bum, excess caecotrophs etc).

:wave: Herbs are a fairly safe bet. Parsley, Coriander, Mint, etc.

hes had parsley he loved it i was gonna try him on mint next but not sure if hell go for it.

ill try sprouts too.

hes had parsley he loved it i was gonna try him on mint next but not sure if hell go for it.

ill try sprouts too.

If you are ever not sure just post a thread up here and we'll do our best. There are dozens of people here who are excellent with dietary requirements, everything i know, i've learnt from this lot :wave:

My huge Tesco does two big bunches of herbs for £1.50. They have mint, parsley, coriander and dill. Mint is a favourite but they didn't go for the dill. Also, if you have room to grow your own roses they love the leaves and stems. You can get climbing ones which grow really quickly and the need cut back every year!

Back