• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed plastic window blew through

I'd probably get some pieces of wood each side of the window and nail them into the shed so sort of making a support around the window so it is impossible to blow out (well hopefully.)

I'd probably get some pieces of wood each side of the window and nail them into the shed so sort of making a support around the window so it is impossible to blow out (well hopefully.)

good idea thanks but it cant be done 2night:(

I am sure they'll be ok for the night just make sure you used a hell of a lot of tape! As well as putting it around the frame on both the in and outside I'd also put some diagonal pieces in also for extra support if it was me.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

I am sure they'll be ok for the night just make sure you used a hell of a lot of tape! As well as putting it around the frame on both the in and outside I'd also put some diagonal pieces in also for extra support if it was me.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

will try that .. thankyou :D:wave:
ill be worrying all night though =[ because i dont have mesh or nothing!:shock::(

My only concern would be a fox could easily knock it aside if it is only sellotaped, and could get in :(

As a temporary repair I would just push the pane back into the window and bang in a few nails behind it, leaving them proud so that the window is wedged between the frame on one side and the nails on the other. If you get them banged in a reasonable distance it should provide some stability.

The solution to all of life's problems is

Duct tape

You can get it from loads of supermarkets, DIY etc and it should hold it without any problems. Then you can work on a more permanent solution using wood :)

Back