• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Widget knows...

Haha, always the way :roll:! But its a good thing that it has all dried up :D

I sometimes swear they do it to get extra fuss and attention then as soon as the carrier comes out or they know the vets appointment is booked they go fine again!

I had this. My bun had watery eyes on and off and on the day of the appointment they were as dry as a bone!

Though he doesn't realise he is going until he is in the car inside his carrier, then he becomes very, very still. :roll:

Well best he says that then "This is bad, this is very bad" when he says that you are in trouble!

Actually Tuesday is normally vet Lauras Day, so you won't see Stephan I don't think (unless they have changed days off around). He is very tanned from his holiday though, makes me jealous and I refuse to stand near him! :lol:

Oh no! Is she good with rabbits? I did ask for an appointment with Stephan..

It's true enough and I'm glad she seems better, but we're hoping to adopt Hay Monster and we need to get these two well before that, but if her illness comes and goes it's kind of making that difficult to plan! :?

Well we are back now, we didn't get to see Stephan, our usual vet. Widget is back on antibiotics but vet doesn't think she is too bad.. Widget's lungs are not too bad according to the vet, but her sinuses are not so good. She has been given a course of baytril for 1 week, 2 ml dose once per day. I asked about doing a culture but the vet wasn't keen. :/ She said its most likely pastuerlla and would be difficult to treat.

She just told us to see if she improves over the next week and come back if not. She's eating fine and is very active so the vets don't see it as anything majorly wrong and hopefully as the weather improves she will recover. I asked about giving her some echinacea but the vet was unable to advise on herbal remedies, but she said if Widget has a complete diet she should be getting all the right nutrition to support her immune system.

Sprocket is also a bit sniffly but she didn't think he was bad enough to treat.:?

Back